Friday, 6 August 2010

New Addition

And no, that doesn't mean I'm up the duff. A title to a post about that would definitely have the word fuck in it somewhere and possibly oversized spider.

Today I went to the small family-run electronics shop that installed Granny K's aircon. - to pay. After faffing round with eco-points and whatnot I ask if the very cool baikingu man (バイキングマン) that they have standing up is 'available' - actually I said that would they mind ringing us when it got all old and scodey so they couldn't have it on display anymore.

I walked out the door with it so supreme are my powers of persuasion. Actually that had nothing to do with it. Luck it was. Pure luck.

 Isn't he great! The kids were well stoked for all of ten seconds but I'm still a happy camper.

Had an extremely lazy day with Ryu - him and me both under the weather and with me losing perhaps a tenth of my body weight in hanamizu (snot) . The headache seems to have gone which means the supposed brain tumor has moved to the back of my nose and sinuses! Sore everything and all I really want is to not deal with three small children for the weekend.

Naughty mummy - especially after Ryu fell down the stairs (again) this morning. Same scenario as last time. He was in the walkie round thing on the deck. The gates were closed but then SHou and Marina went down to the garden. The gate was left open and even though both hub and I were out side we didn't notice until we heard the scream. Poor wee thing. Big red bruise on side of head but seems to be his usual self - that said though he is still up at 9pm and playing with books at my feet. Not having a bar of the sleep thing but he did get two massive sleeps in today (thanks love).

And nothing else to report - I didn't weigh in today so perhaps Monday when I am hopefully feeling up to the Shred again. Mum has arrived in Australia and hopefully having a fabulous time. I tried getting hole of various family yesterday and go no one - so of course start thinking the worse, that perhaps she did have the MRI after all and there is swelling enough for her not be allowed on the plane or whatnot. But all OK. Hope you're having a fab time mum.

SDGH&QL

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I know a little girl who is going to be SO jealous of that baikinman! She's also very fond of the walker, remember? Which I think would be better off used as a flower planter, or at least kept on the lawn, where he can't fall any further!

Fiona Kida said...

I hope your mum is having a wonderful time too ... I really do... x

Lisa said...

I bought the 30-Day Shred this week and did it two days in a row. My arms were so sore that I could barely open my eyeshadows. My legs were so sore I nearly had to go without underwear. I took a break last night, but I guess I will be back to it tomorrow.

Gaijin Wife said...

Agree - the walker needs to be kept on level one and not at top of stairs.

Thanks Fi - I hope she gets a relaxing five days away from it all too.

Lisa - yay for another shredder. Isn't it a bitch!! I'm getting back into it on Monday.

Corinne said...

Oh man, Ash would have some kind of fit and start humping baikinman's cardboard leg if he saw that, awesome!

Marina's hair is so blonde, gorgeous!

Looking forward to more shredding reports as I will soon be starting.

Really hoping your mum is having a fantastic time and able to relax a bit.

world of sekimachihato said...

that baikinman has an awfully pointed tail...

hey, i'm sure your mum is having a blast so don't worry about it.

hope that hanamizu isn't giving you the dreadful dried-red nose...

Gaijin Wife said...

mum is having a blast - just got txt 'just the best'. Sigh of relief.

Lisa said...

I did it for the third time today - I think it is getting easier!

Gaijin Wife said...

Lisa - the first two days are defiantly the worst aren't they. Good luck for the next 27 days :D I'm back into it tomorrow.