Monday, 24 May 2010

Guess What?

It only took one hour forty seven minutes to set up my system - minus the three minutes I spent trying to open my MacBook Pro back to front. Fuckin fucker I thought. How god damn hard can this be. I have a tertiary education.

Manuals read, manuals sworn at, inbred electrician cursed at while looking at his phone number on phone and wondering if should ring him and abuse him in person.

All in all though, quite proud of self. Having the wireless and modem all going though now means, of course, that our normal phone is on the blink. Above mentioned inbred electrician will be coming by this evening to sort it out. He reckons it's something to do with the cable he pulled through to attach to the modem last week. Whadda ya reckon. And here I was thinking it might be something to do with the light switch on the inside of the fridge.

Anyway, means I don't have to answer the phone all day which is nice. Not that I'll be here for much of it mind you. Off to do some highly exciting nappy and milk shopping, and to stop by the doctors to get some cough drugs for the wee one. He did not settle until after midnight last night and Marina was up yelling the house down at twenty past five this morning. Needless to say hub and I were buggered first thing, but in good spirits I guess, due to international relations meeting last night. Had been a few weeks me thinks and it was getting to the stage where I was having to proposition him. Perhaps his cold, which he still has, really was knocking him more than I was giving him credit for. If you can give someone credit for having a cold that is.

Right, things to do, places to go, people to see.

SDGH&QL

PS - hello lovely followers. I can finally see who you all are! Amazing, the small things that this computer will do that previous piece of crap wouldn't. You might have noticed this computer also lets me 'add a gadget'. God, the novelty. I'm not going to get much done from now on. Lovely new computer too much fun :)

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Now I'm following you too, a postive stalker! Come and foloooooow meeeee (best stalker voice)

Grace said...

Congrats on new mac and easy set up. I love my iMac!
Hope Ryu feels better soon

umebossy said...

Ooh, jealous! My laptop is getting a bit old and keeps cutting out every time it gets too hot. Doesn't bode well for the summer. Hope you and your new toy are very happy together!

Brenda said...

Congratulations on the new computer and getting it set up all on your own! Nice job! I'll bet it feels like a whole new world has opened up to you. Have fun!

Gaijin Wife said...

Having fun but not up with the play on fonts and layouts so may take a while for me to figure out what I want!!