Friday, 7 May 2010

Burn, Melt and Spill

I guess this morning was just one of those mornings - but perhaps on a larger scale. Usually 'one of those mornings' means I have tried to brush my teeth with hub's facewash or something but this morning it was...

Burn...

Shou decided that eggy rice, his first choice when asked, was not actually what he wanted for breakfast and could he infact have vegemite on toast. Well of course you can sweetie. Choosing the path of least resistance, something that I do too often with him, I relented to biffing the rice and making toast.

First piece - under the grill. We used to have a toaster but it just collected dust. I will invest $19.99 in another one when the kids are old enough to get their own breakfast. Half way through toasting Marina says she needs to go loo. She hasn't been been since yesterday so I know there is one just waiting. I take her - for the fifth time in the forty minutes since she woke up at half five. She INSISTS that I sit on the big toilet - with my pants down - while she is on the potty. Fifth time unlucky and still no poo so up with the pants and Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, the bloody fuckin toast.

Black as the ace of spades.

Second Piece - in it goes when Granny K blindsides me going down the hall and starts talking about her perm at the hairdressers this morning and could I take her at 9 rah rah. Yep, yep, not a problem and is it the same place she always goes where I got my hair done and dressed in kimono on wedding day rah rah..... would you believe the price of petrol at the moment ..... so do you think it might rain .....

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, the bloody fuckin toast.

Black as the ace of spades!

Third Piece.

NOBODY bloody come near me or talk to me. I am NOT moving from infront of the grill. Bugger right off. I don't care if you need to try to shit for the seventh time, or that you're wondering why your breakfast is taking so long, or that there isn't a spare roll of loo paper or.... or...

Melt...

During all of the above the neo soft margarine butter stuff we use was sitting on top of the IH. The grill had been on for the best part of about ten minutes. When I FINALLY got a bloody piece of toast that wasn't burnt I was so damn excited that I opened the lid of the marge all a bit too vigoriously and the pottle, that had by now melted completely, spilt all over self, IH, drizzled down grill door and cabinet and all over floor.

Excellent. I would so rather be brushing my teeth with hub's face cream right now.

Spill...

No, the marge spilling wasn't THE spill. After breakfast and taking the kids to kindy I come home and think coffee is in order. Due to lack of kettle I have been having real coffee in the coffee maker. For some reason yesterday I turned it off half way through. This means that there is still water in it - in the water compartment, AND in the filter bit. I had forgotten this of course.

I went to take yesterday's filter out - which you do thinking that the only thing in it is wet drained through coffee. Bugger bugger shit. I got coffee water slush all over the rice cooker, which lives beside the coffee maker, all over the shelf, all down the shelf, on the floor and even some on self.

Awesome. I am such a rock star.

When I asked Shou what he wanted for dinner and he said Natto barf beans (that come in a container and you just mix the sauce and pour out) I was so happy - no need to try my hand at anything gourmet. Me thinks this morning was a warning - try anything tonight for dinner and your house will burn down.

So barf beans it was - with some supermarket bought yakitori chicken sticks, veges and fruit. Since getting the kids to sleep (finally) I obviously felt a bit ambitious though and hub has pork wrapped asparagus awaiting him.

As I was dropping the kids off at kindy the teacher reminded me that I needed to get in touch with the pre-school 'traffic safety' mother. That's my role this year - for the kindy. We need to meet to synchronize our watches and decide what to do with the money - as 'traffic safety' person also means treasurer. I had been told the name of the other mother but couldn't put a face to the name. Was a bit worried as mother of boy who attacked Shou - coming home with big scratches all over face. But, when I saw the mother this morning big sigh of relief. Is lovely lady and not infact mad woman who encourages son to fight younger kids.

We exchanged mobile info and I got home and decided to take the plunge - she had said she didn't have work today so I txt her inviting her round for coffee and talk about upcoming year... didn't happen but she is coming -with her scratchy son - on Sunday morning. I haven't told Shou as suspicious he might actually be on verge of looking back on this boy as having traumatic effect on his childhood. I think it will be good to see them interact though - here, infront of their mothers and not the kindy teachers. I doubt there will be much talking about road safety going on!!

What else... Oh, spoke to mum this morning. She sounded really good and it is nice just to talk about normal stuff. She gave me an unasked for update on my sister. And all I have to say about that is that it would appear that 'luck' is on her side. Bloody lucky. Events could have played out a lot worse than they have.

My other sister rang and had a chat to her. Always enjoy talking to her. She has lots of shit going on in her life too but she has an excellent way of seeing through stuff - pointing it out like it is. No pissing around. No bloody positive karma and new mantras on life. There is the color black and there is the color white.

Well, I think I have reached my therapy quota for today. Hub is home now and we have just had pitchi (small or wee - but that sounded wrong in context) interlude in the shower :) An international relations meeting did eventuate last night so all in all the man isn't being starved of attention.

SDGH&QL

4 comments:

Violet said...

Haha, I've done that with the toast so many times! Since friends who were leaving Tokyo gave us their toaster we've had far fewer burn outs in the kitchen. Your hub sounds well lucky in the intnl rltns mtg deptmt. All our mtgs have been cancelled until further notice ;)

Sarah said...

Am I allowed to laugh, just a little? So so so glad to know I'm not the only one who does that. Sigh. Many a piece of toast has been blackened in my grill too - and I don't have the excuses you do! I even managed to have one piece light on fire - not just turn black but actual flames coming from the piece of toast...

illahee said...

omg, the margarine would have sent me back to bed, fuck the coffee!! or, knowing me, i'd be off to misudo for my coffee fix. glad to hear dinner was easy!

world of sekimachihato said...

go shou! a vegemite and natto boy!

my k-chan thinks vegemite would taste exactly the same as shoyu poured on toast (if only she would try!)
does your hub do vegemite?
i see you and me are not fans of barf beans...