Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Attack of the Ice Pole

I know I'm far too sick to be on the computer but the house is finally quiet and I feel I should impart the latest just as a record to self that hub isn't a complete twat all the time. That said, there are still times of course when I think starting up the chainsaw would be worth the life time imprisonment.

First up, the phone people came and declared the cable outside (their cable) was a bit iffy and needed fixing so fixed it was. Phone still not working though so had to call inbred electrician back to sort that out. He looked extremely relieved when his switching of some electrical part or rather inside the plug downstairs with the actual phone plug worked. Huurah. I think it may have been a fluke. He said had been worried that when he did the internet cable stuff a week ago that he might have hit a pipe or something. And then he laughed a bit.

Okay then. Pipe you say? I know nothing about any pipes in that side of the house but hey, I can use the phone so who gives a shit.

I was teaching my 4:30 to 5:30 English class this arvo. Dinner was all sorted, the bath was run, PJs out etc etc. The teachers know Shou and Marina get picked up at 5:40 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Anyway, hub arrives home at four forty five?? I'm a bit bewildered to say the least. Leaving straight after work and getting home by six would have been sufficient to stop a mummy meltdown.

Instead he must have taken an hour off work. Still a bit puzzled. Despite coming in the house once and therefore surely noticing that I was mid English lesson in the front room he left to pick Shou and Marina up from kindy. They got home twenty minutes before my lesson was to end and were complete assholes. The sentiment is nice but the reality leaves me thinking that perhaps hub is actually related to the electrician?

Yes he helped with dinner - as in getting Shou and Marina to eat theirs - but at the same time made loud protests about how their anpanman curry looked nicer than his chicken korma. Truth be known he isn't a fan of real curries but I was having a korma moment (which must have been going since in New Zealand as I came home with ten sachets of korma and butter chicken sauce!) and I'm the sick as a dog one and the person making dinner so korma it will be men.

All three sproglets didn't finally settle until 9pm and I think hub has gone to bed himself.

Sometime amongst all the feeding time at the zoo mayhem he asked if I had a temp. I said no. Then he made some x-rated hip swivel thing and said 'I bet you're hot there'. My ice pole could cool it down for you...

I swear to god, I'm far too sick to make this shit up. The man needs no help.

One things for sure though, there will be no insertion of the ice pole in the proceedings this evening.

Not unless it is a known cure for unblocking the nose - and seeing as not getting inserted there I doubt it would have much effect at all.

Right, off to rub some vicks vapor rub under my nose. Perhaps I should keep it under my pillow tonight just in case the ice pole gets sneaky under the covers.

SDGH&QL

7 comments:

tj-injapan said...

rotflmao about the ice pole comment...your DH is priceless. Seriously, when are you gonna write that book??? (although you have been lacking in granny K bashings of recent, lol.)

Hope you get over your man cold soon!

Lulu said...

Hope you get over your cold soon. I spend time on the computer when I am sick so don`t see why you can`t!

Love the new fonts- I see you got your new computer. YAY!

And I am with TJ, your DH cracks me up too!

kuri, ping & the pinglet said...

OMG, I just spit my ice tea out all over the keyboard over the ice pole comment.

I hope you're feeling better soon...man colds are awful!

Anonymous said...

I'll NEVER be able to eat another ice pole ever! You've got my day started off really well GW. Thanks.

Get better quickly.

Margaret M

Gaijin Wife said...

Feeling slightly better today thanks :)

Margaret - not a fan of ice pole eating myself really ; )

Nay said...

Wow, I love your blog's new look!! It looks fantastic. Makes me want to redo my blog!

I hope you start feeling better soon. Being sick and having 3 kidlets to look after must be tough! *hugs*

ROFL @ your DH's comment!!!

world of sekimachihato said...

if he gets too pushy tell him to lube up his (ice) pole with some vicks; that orta fix him.

i'm shuddering at the thought...