Thursday, 18 March 2010

Twas the night before...

Twas the night before brain surgery
When all through the house
The kids were a sleeping
And mummy was on the piss

Fuck it.

That so doesn't rhyme.

But what can you do. House... spouse....mouse....

So, the translation - finished and sent by 1pm. What a legend. So much earlier than I thought. I even got some play time with the baby today AND spent more than half an hour making nutritious meal for family.

I rang mum as soon as I had finished - and could therefore fall apart and not have to pull self together to continue working. She was having some bean salad and waiting for MRI - with black marker dots on her head for positioning. She was cheerful. Over cheerful - as I guess you would be to your daughter. Mothers are strong. They pull through. They pretend to us like things aren't as bad as they are.

Poor mum.

She must be so damn scared. God knows I am. Tomorrow Dr. McDreamy (and I will so google him when I ask his name) will be cutting into her head - her brain. Her brain people. This is seriously scary scary shit.

And I will be here translating - something different that I took on yesterday morning and has to be in tomorrow 'sometime' - I have done 1/4 of it already and am sure a few cups of coffee will get the rest out of me tomorrow before mum is due out of surgery - hence when I will start shitting self that am not getting phone-call fast enough.

Fingers crossed - angels - white lights, whatever. Send it our way tomorrow please. Or more specifically send them to Wellington.

Yoroshiku

SDGH&QL

9 comments:

thefukases said...

So scary and so sudden. I hope you are making use of your support network here in Japan. Have you told coffee Chiemi or tiger dragon boys mum? No problem seems better worrying over it by yourself!

And as a counter balance to whatever you find on google horrible statistics- both my parents have had their brains cut into and are still here nagging me to skype more often today! I'll be sending thoughts Wellington way for you.

kuri, ping & the pinglet said...

I'll be thinking of you, your mom and your family tomorrow. Please update when you can.

Midori said...

Will be keeping you, your Mum and your family in my prayers tomorrow. Scary times but like you said, Mums are strong. (((HUGS))) from London

illahee said...

fingers, toes and anything else crossed!

anchan said...

Of course, GW. Lots and lots of special prayers being sent up for your mum (and you). She is in the hands of the Great Physician. xxx

Trisha said...

I have been down the road that you are walking with my older sister. Keeping my fingers crossed and my toughts with you.

Nay said...

I'm thinking of you, your mum and the rest of your family today XXXX

Lulu said...

Have sent lots of positive vibes to NZ ad I hope all goes well with the operation.

& I`m sending calming vibes your way!

Oyomesan said...

me too from Sapporo - I woke up this morning and thought: "hmm...Friday...ahh yes, got that 11 am class...and oh...Gaijin Wife's mum is having her op today...and oh bugger..the kittens are screaming for breakfast."
Thinking of you as I go about my day here.