Sunday, 21 March 2010

Pics pics pics

Have only scanned them and not played round with them (ahem, cropped them) to sort them out properly. Have decided they aren't as 'beautiful' as the ones I got done in New Zealand - that are a lot more subdued colors, posey poses rah rah. But these are cute just the same - very baby dressed up and placed in front of bright colored back drop with random vase of flowers - ish...

Grrrrrrrrr. I wish every year was the year of the tiger! He wasn't too keen on the hat so this is the only one they have with him not trying to pull it off.
This is my fav - and came out properly because it is a bigger size in real life. It is in color though and the backdrop is bright sky blue. I realise that if he ever turns out a bit cheerful and gay he will look back through his baby photos and say tis no bloody wonder mum - you had me wearing a tutu at 9 months. Is actually a big fluffy feather boa thingy ma jig that the girl pulled out and drapped over him so you wouldn't see his nappy.
The Japanese side... and nope, have no idea what flowers have to do with anything. He tried to throw them away even. I should have squashed the idea as soon as the girl brought them out. But I was too memorized by that cute baby in sumo outfit. Oh My God... He's mine.
And just because you HAVE to dress every nine month old up in a tuxedo. Why would you not?
The whole fam dam was set to go this morning but by the time we got to the next town over hub and I had made the executive decision that him, Shou and Marina would change over into his car - which was at work after his drinking thing on Friday night - and Ryu and I would soldier on to pick up the photos on our own. I say soldier as it really was quite the mission after the night hub and I had last night.
And no, we weren't at it all night at all. Ryu was being a fussy bugger with methinks sore teeth from between 10pm and 2am. SOLID. I had no more pamol and for the life of me couldn't find the ora-sed teething gel. He finally went to sleep only for Shou to come into our bed at half three - decide to sleep horizontal, and so in order to get any sleep oursleves - hub went into Shou's bed and I slept horizontally beside Shou, feet hanging over edge.
Ryu and I did a wee bit of hitting the shops, nothing too drastic. A bag, some sunnies, a wee pointless waste of money plastic senbei holdber for his baby crackers on the plane - so they don't get mashed to cracker cumbs in my bag like usual.
Picked up the pics and then spent half an hour oohing and aaaahing over them at starbucks - and a honey and orange latte. Yum yum. Went and got nice frame for New Zealand Granny and put the pics in them in the shop so the girl could super duper pack them all up. Will post them on Tuesday morning.
Made it home in time to get dinner sorted - and ignore the state of the house. Whenever I come back from being out for any amount of time with just Ryu, the house is a complete bombsite. I think hub finds it enough effort to keep the kids alive and kicking and the house standing. No time to clean up after anyone or anything.
Ah well, whats a few blocks, times a hundred, some game cards, times twenty, a plastic stethoscope and syringe (where did they come from?), some magnetic animals off the wooden with magnets ferris wheel, times eight, bob the builder and other random DVDs and videos, times fifteen, all the washing from the washing basket (but that was my fault apparantly as hadn't put away - bang, smash, pow), plastic golf balls, gumboots (??), .....
Ryu and Marina went down without a peep and I am presuming Shou (and perhaps hub) are on their way. Neither of the kids had afternoon naps and the baby only had about twenty minutes so they were all knackered.
Time for a bath - all on my own. What bliss.
SDGH&QL



10 comments:

Sara said...

Ryu is so DAMN CUTE. What a photogenic baby... I like the frilly boa/fluffy one myself :D

Sounds like you had a bit of a crazy afternoon. But Starbucks is always helpful! Are they already moving on to the honey drinks?! I haven't gotten my Sakura cup yet... better get on that tomorrow...

thefukases said...

Ohhh I'm with Sara- fluffy Ryu is just gorgeous! And that smile just says 'yeah, I know it.' The house a bombsite thing? Tell me about it! It can take longer to clean up than the entire time I was away!!!

Oyomesan said...

Is his hair naturally in that great Beckham-quiff - or did they comb it into shape?

Wonderful pix....NZ Granny will be so happy to see them.

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Gorgeous pics. Ryu is adorable, isn't he? Your mum and dad are gonna love those.

Our house is always a bomb site if I leave daddy alone with the kids for even the shortest of dashes to the local supermarket.

Tammy said...

These are SUCH cute photos!! Esp the black & white and then the tux one. He is gonna be one handsome kid! LOVE his eyes!
Want you to know that altho we've not met, that I'm praying for your mom, and you and the family...

Sarah said...

Adorable!!

And I'm glad you got your honey orange latte. I saw the add for that and thought it needed a GW taste test.

Gaijin Wife said...

Oyomesan - Ryu's hair is like that 24/7. Try and comb it down and it wont listen. Natural mohawk.

Bryn said...

OMFG! Those are sooooo cute!!! How on earth did you get him to cooperate so well? Absolute perfection!

Even after 15 years of kid-leaving, my house is still a bombsite if they're left more than a day alone! Hmmm, guess that wasn't very encouraging news, was it? LOL But, by that time they will all be sleeping aaaalllll night long (and half the day on weekends! SCORE!)

Nay said...

OMG, I don't think I have ever seen a cuter baby!!! I love the photos - he is adorable in every single one of them :)

umebossy said...

What adorable pics! Hopefully they will provide your family with some much needed smiles at this difficult time.

I showed my husband the pics and I think it might have made him want to bring the baby-trying-for schedule up a couple of months!