Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Girls Night Out - LOL

Should be working. The person who wrote the first 40 pages of manual am translating obviously got tired, went oh holiday, got fired or something cause from page 41 there is a definate change and new writer is a lot more long winded. Slog, slog, slog. Procrastinating.

Just got phonecall (usually get emails) from my most current project manager at other translation company have been doing a bit for lately. Can I take on a short (500 characters) job right now. Said OK after confirming wasn't thesis outline on discrete mathematics or nano tubes. Is a questionnaire. Should breake up my day of translating "click on XX to return to the XXX screen shown in diagram XXX". Riveting stuff.

------------------------------------

Why females should avoid a girls night out after they are married...

The other night I was invited out for a night with the 'girls.' I told my husband that I would be home by midnight, 'I promise!' Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easily.Around 3 a.m., a bit loaded, I headed for home.

Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up and cuckooed 3 times.Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9 times..I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible conflict with him. (Even when totally smashed.... 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals = 12 cuckoos MIDNIGHT!)

The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, I told him'MIDNIGHT'... He didn't seem pissed off in the least.Whew, I got away with that one! Then he said 'We need a new cuckoo clock.'When I asked him why, he said, 'Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said 'oh shit.' Cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its, throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted.

---------------------------------

SDGH&QL

Oh - and I wont claim the above as my own. It was sent to me in one of those bulk funnies email from a friend.

10 comments:

illahee said...

rotfl!!

Amy said...

Long time reader, first time commenter...

I am OBSESSED with your blog. I don't know why, it's just so funny I am truly, truly addicted to it. PLEASE NEVER STOP WRITING. You really have a talent for making even the most mundane events sound hilarious. I feel obligated to comment now because this might be your best so far. Last paragraph...classic! I only wish I knew what your sign off acronym stands for but maybe it's better not to know...?

Um I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Amy, I'm from the States, I lived in Japan (Okinawa, Osaka, and Tokyo) for 5 years and I actually just left for good last month. At my last job there I was editing and translating (badly written) software manuals, so I feel your pain on the current project. While manuals are truly atrocious in any language, the Japanese do have a talent for making even the most simple procedure seem like Quantum Physics in Swahili taught by a 3 year old.

Anyways, I am your number one fan. I don't currently have a blog so I will just continue to stalk you in a one-sided fashion...

Thank you for writing!!!!!!!

Corinne said...

hehehe!!!
There's my giggle for the day, thankjs!!

Gaijin Wife said...

Amy - Thankyou for commenting. As crap as I am at replying to them or commenting on other people's blogs I do very muchly enjoy reading them. It is always nice to know that others can have a giggle over my boring life.

SDGH&QL - very tame. Something my mum always says to us.
Sweet Dreams, Good Health and Quiet Living.

Megan said...

am just imagining you making cuckoo noises at 3 in the morning thinking you are so clever ha!!!!!

Megan said...

ok just read your post again properly and just saw it wan't you doing the cuckoo i really need to read things slower!!! very funny anyway and i can actually see you doing that!!!

Nay said...

hahahahahaha!! That is hilarious!! It was even funnier when I thought you had actually tried to do it though... hehe

Kaba said...

LOL to funny. You just made my day. Have to head off to work now. Gonna take the tube with a smile on my face today!

Coop said...

OMG I laughed so hard I started to cry. Good story!

Rachel said...

Thank God, for a minute there I thought I'd missed out on a GNO!

(I still haven't had a drop since our last effort - no-one is more surprised about this than me!)

(word verification is gingom. Gin..gone...