Sunday, 25 October 2009

We have somehow managed to make it through the day. The rain held off until just before lunch so all the kids got a good play. It was an early start ths morning. 4am for me - thanks very much Ryu. Hub took Shou and Marina to the park at half eight and they stayed there for just over an hour. Granny K got Ryu and I cleaned house, self, and made the spread.

Iced and creamed the chocolate eclairs
cooked the baby sausages
deep fried sticks of cheesy goodness
cut loads of apple
put crisps and brownies in plates
set out all the other shite you need like paper plates, cups, forks rah rah.
Also put the balloons and decorations up...
All the invited kids arrived - most with both parents in tow so we had a grand total of twenty people. Some of the kids hadn't met each other before so there was a bit of shyness but nothing some sugar and an awesome adventure playhouse and swing and slide set couldn't fix.

We sang happy birthday to Marina who didn't really have much of a clue about what was going on - especially when Shou blew the candles out. She was quite happy sitting there and scoffing back food - which she did for forty minutes solid. Does but happen once a year though.

After everyone left and after her nap we gave Marina her other prezzies (eventhough her actual birthday isn't until tomorrow). I didn't want her to have them for five minutes before people turned up and then have them taken off her - which happened anyway as Shou is a firm believer in the toddler law of possession - if I have it in my hands right now then it is mine. If I had it for half a second yesterday or if I plan on having it for half a second tomorrow then it's mine too.

Also gave her the hat the European stylist sent. Sorry, but...
So the obvious recipient was...

And of course here is the cake...
Not exactly queen of the crab prom but the kids didn't seem to mind. Two of the older boys were suitably excited when I started chopping and disembodied the legs and claws from the body. There was a fight over the two eyeballs - but that stopped when they realised it was just a shucream without the cream! The other bits were all cake and tasted yum. Shou ate far too much of it though and was on a sugar high and has been a right pain this evening.
Off to bed. very tired.
I joked when I was on JET that my job included organizing tea parties for two year olds.
And look where I am now.
SDGH&QL




14 comments:

colorbynumbers said...

wow looks like everyone had a fab day..just reading about it is making me tired! so I can imagine how you must feel..
lol at the Marina in the hat pic..but Ryu looks absolutely gorgeous in it..

Happy Birthday to Marina for tomorrow. :)

Jo Tomooka said...

Great job! Now you can have a full day of sleeping tomorrow. Glad everything worked out to plan. The cake looks great - I'm not showing it to Emily or Masaki because I know they will then demand one next year....

Anonymous said...

Ohhh arn't you a good Mummy! That is such an awesome cake! I'm sure the guests were very impressed! Ryu looks absolutely adorable in that hat he scored!- Enjoyshite Katie yori (when I put that infront my name makes me sounds like a tart,deshou?)

Lulu said...

Awesome job GW!

That cake is awesome- I am so surprised at how well you made it look like a crab! Very impressed!

Hope Marina has a great birthday tomorrow- although I guess since her celebrations were today the hype will have died down. What did she get from you guys? Did you tell us in a previous post and I forgot?

Haha at Shou who thinks touching something makes it his- he will learn one day!

Kelly said...

あのケーキは美味しそう!可愛いね!

Melanie said...

Wow, you`re cake looks great!!!

So cute.

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Wow, love the cake! Sounds like the party was a roaring success. Another job well done, Gaijin Wife.

Sara said...

The cake looks so cute and delicious!
The menu sounded yummmy and oh so bad for you in all the right ways.
The hat is cute on Marina and adorable on Ryu.

GW you are a star!!!

Brenda said...

Wow, what an awesome cake! You definitely did not let Betty Crocker get the best of you! I love the picture of Marina and Ryu is just GORGEOUS! Happy birthday tomorrow Marina!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Midori said...

Looks like a fabulous day and alot of fun! That cake is AWESOME!!

umebossy said...

Add me to the list of cake admirers and Ryu coo-ers! Glad a fun day was had by all.

Tammy said...

Your little Ryu is sooo cute! :)

Ruthie said...

That's a shame about the hat but I hope at least some of the other stuff fitted her. Ryu looks way cute and cosy in the hat though! I loved the cake too. It's so cute and the icing looks delish!