Monday, 12 October 2009

It's Just not Fair

God that was an effort - getting Shou to sleep tonight.

I didn't get round to blogging last night because hub and I had bowl of popcorn and a beer in front of the Sunday night movie which was 'happenings'. Not impressed with how that ended but it was nice cuddling up and watching it anyway.

I had worked myself up mentally for hub being away weed eating all day yesterday. He left at 6am and come 9am and the kids and I were doing fine. Nobody was planning on attacking anyone else and I still thought we would probably make it through the day without threats of disinheriting them or throwing them to the lions.

Hub walked through the door at ten past nine. So many men and weed eaters had turned up that the job had been finished in three hours. Definately helped and made the long weekend a lot more mummy friendly.

Solar Panal man's wife Chiemi and son Tyson came round yesterday morning and this morning Coffee Chiemi and her three boys arrived to play until lunchtime. Breaks up the day and it is so much easier watching the kids if they have someone to play with. Managed to get all the kids down for a nap this afternoon but Shou wasn't having a bar of it yesterday. That on top of his ten to five morning wake up and he was so completely exhausted that he set himself a new going to sleep record of six seconds. Wish it was that easy every night!

Not really much else to report. I still haven't got my period but this, and everything else has been set aside by a talk I had with one of my best friends last night. At 36 weeks pregnant she didn't feel her baby move for a day and went to have a check-up. For yet unexplained reasons her baby's heart has stopped moving. She is going in to be induced on Wednesday and then give birth to her baby. The first and last thing she will be doing for her baby daughter is to organize a funeral.

I am at a loss - at both the pain her husband and her must be going through and the absoulute useless-ness I feel at being so far away and not being able to do anything. I doubt there is anything I could do anyway but being able to be there and hug her and just listen or help look after their three year old daughter, anything.

So tonight, this week and Wednesday and everyday thereafter, my thoughts go out to my friend and her loss.

Lots of love and big hugs.

SDGH&QL

10 comments:

thefukases said...

Sometimes life just sucks. How can half my high school pop out babies before they can vote yet some people who really want a baby try for years and years and have nothing but bad news and sad news?

I hope your friend has all the support she needs at such a horrible time and I really think distance doesn't stop the thoughts and feelings from getting there, just might get delayed a bit in the Christmas mail. :)

jvillelass said...

So sorry for the bad news. The poor poor woman. Prayers are definately coming her way. I can't imagine how you coped on the phone with her.
Thoughts to you and her.

Michaela

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - that is awful.

Midori said...

I am so so sorry to hear about your friend. When I was pregnant the first baby born on the yahoo baby group I belonged to was stillborn because of placental abruption. Then in April one of my friends lost her newborn baby girl at 10 days old after she died of a virus. There are no words to comfort someone after the loss of their child. I will be hugging Joey a little tighter tonight and praying that your friend has the love and support she is going to need to get through this. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.((HUGS)))

illahee said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your friend's baby. i, too, hope she has the love and support she needs at this difficult time.

Melanie said...

Oh, thats so sad about your friend`s baby.

colorbynumbers said...

I`m so sorry to hear about your friend. I had two friends in the exact same situation and there is nothing worse than that kind of loss. My thoughts go out to her and hope she has the love and support she needs.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry for you friend. It's almost a year to the day since my baby niece died before she was born.

It's harrowing being so far away. We released balloons with a message to her on the day and time of her funeral. I also send them 'tear soup' - a basket with a tiny teddy bear, poems, little mementos, a favorite toy of Erica's and tissus or hankies wet with the tears you cried for the baby lost. They kept it and brought it out to me to show me last time I went home!

Midori said...

I have been thinking about your friend all night. I was feeling very "woe is me" yesterday and it was a short sharp shock and reminded me that it really isn't that bad. I will be keeping her in my prayers tomorrow. :-(

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

That's just such an awfully sad bit of news. How do you ever get over something like that?