Thursday, 8 October 2009

It WILL come tomorrow. It WILL come tomorrow.

The typhoon last night was so non existant the winds didn't even keep me awake. They usually do as am scared all the windows are going to break and my sleeping children will be sprayed with broken bits of glass. I don't know why I think this as have never been in a situation where a window has broken from strong winds. The news showed parts of the rest of Japan getting a good typhoon whipping though and it seems we were just lucky.

I had some sleep catching up to do this morning so Ryu and I headed back to slumber after I dropped the kiddies off at kindy. Got some English shite sorted and then phoned home. Had some very upsetting news about the unbloggables but a good chat with mum and dad anyway. I was actually ringing to talk to my little bro but he was off down around the north island promoting the business and generally working like a dog.

Popped to the supermarket to get some milk and the likes and noticed they had yum looking egg roll - called itself a 'tappuri tamago rooru' (lots of egg roll). Love egg sammies so took huge bite and was disgusted with civilized world to find the egg was in fact covering a large layer of cold pasta. NO. This is so not allowed in my world of egg sammies. Would anyone forgive this?

Had English at the primary school from two. The twat teacher was away and I was in charge. Went well and was good prep for next weeks lesson. Had to come home and get dinner sorted - pork / kimchi (hot Korean pickled cabbage) and cucumber. The kids got rice and miso soup, some fruit and vegemite sammies too but Shou did make a galiant effort with the pork. Afternoon English class went fine too and evening one got cancelled which was fine by me. Couldn't really be faffed and the kids weren't settling like nice little toddlers and babies should.

Extremely boring post as Granny K playing by the rules, hub not being a twat, kids only being mildly infuriating and have head full of unbloggables and oh,

am three days late.






Fuck me.




No, well don't actually. That's the whole problem. I am pretty certain it will arrive in the next couple of days - or rather it god damn well better. We have been I swear, gods honest truth, very responsible with any leg overings, romps in hay, shags, and international relation meetings this past month. It is only my second cycle since Ryu was born so perhaps it just doesn't plan on being as regular as it used to be! Or perhaps last months was a once off for a while and I wont get it back properly until I finish breast feeding.

Or, for ten million points and the answer behind the blue door...

What the fuck am I going to do?

I don't think my body, my husband, my other children or my sanity could deal with four kids under four.

But shit, I do seem to get pregnant quite easily. Fair enough, the first four times they didn't stick but these last three have. Hub just needs to wave his shinken chinchin in my direction and I end up with a bun in the over. Crap.

Anyway, am hoping that by posting about this latest 'fear' then it will resolve self by me getting my period tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

SDGH&QL

14 comments:

Ruthie said...

Wow! Maybe you will want to employ me as a Nanny afterall. Tell Granny K to get the plot behind the house ready ;)

Orchid64 said...

I think that this scare is your cue to have a talk about the "V word" with your husband.

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Bloody Nora! I'm crossing everything for you!!!

ローラ said...

Yikes! Either your good at getting pregnant, or your hubby's very very potent! (said with loving jest) ;)

I have my fingers crossed for you! It must be hectic already with the GainjinWife clan under one roof.

Janet said...

Oh...my....God. Say it ain't true. It's almost enough to put you off those international relations for a bit...4 babies....soon you'll be like that octomom, Angelina Jolie wanna be we've got out here. I'll start chanting to the no, thank you very much pregnancy gods...Your public eagerly awaits news of your period. Weird, right?

Violet said...

No, surely not! My periods weren't regular at all when they first came back so hopefully this is what's happening with you. I'm sure that must be it. You are NOT pregnant, I'm telling you!

At the other end of the scale, we've bee trying for 3 mths and nada... Took 6 mths the first time so I shld know not to be impatient! But I am.

Midori said...

My periods have always been wonky so I have no advice but I am sure it takes a while for your cycle to regulate. I am however in the market for another child so you could just send me one of yours! LOL.. just kidding! ;-) Glad Granny K is behaving..

aneki said...

Agree with the V word comment. Choki choki time!

illahee said...

oh. my. goodness.

the wait would be killing me and i'd've done six pee sticks by now....most likely your period is just wonky. i think after hiro i had one, then skipped a month, then back to 'regular schedule'. that was when he was four, five and six months old. so, unless you have a positive pregnancy test, i'm thinking it's just a 'getting back into the groove' thing for your body. :D

anchan said...

GULP....

But this is only your second cycle, and you are breast feeding... We seem to fall pregnant rediculously quickly, too, which is precisely why there are no international relations meetings in our house!

lol at choky choky!

Nay said...

O.M.G!! I hoping that your period has come by now and all your worry turned out to be for nothing!!

From what a few of the commenters said their periods weren't regular straight away so hopefully that is the case for you as well...

I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

tj-injapan said...

so....what is the verdict??????

Midori said...

yes, you have to let us know one way or another! LOL! The urge to pee on sticks must be strong! ;-)

Girl Japan: April Marie said...

Not have sex? lol The storm here kicked the shit out of us, it was horrid!

My period has always been 28-35 days, if it came on the 28th it might come on the 35th day of the next month.. as an adult though....since coming to Japan I noticed when I am stressed it wigs out...