Monday, 5 October 2009

Bumholeyoles

Warning...

I am about to blog about bums.

Went to pick Granny K up from the bus station this arvo. She rang from Oita train station at lunch time to say she would be arriving at two and could I come and pick her up (forty minutes away). No worries. I have no plans ever. I did infact - afternoon tea with friend that had to be cut to about half an hour.

Granny K had her doctors appointment this morning - about her bum grapes. Apparantly her bumholeyole is size of small childs and therefore everything a bit more complicated than expected. Doctor said no need for immediate operation but if she does want to have it done then will need to be in hospital for TEN days. No chokichoki vestling grapes and phone home then. Bit more delicate than that!! So, she is going back on November 6th, for operation on November 7th, to come home on November 15th.

We have been scheduled in to have Marina's post-op one year check up for the last four months - to have it on November 9th. Is in Fukuoka so means leaving early and Granny K usually takes Shou to kindy in taxi. We hadn't told her that was when we were booked in but still, bit of bummer as have had to reschedule and couldn't get another appointment for Marina until start of December.

And NO, taking Shou, Marina and Ryu three hours in the car each way to Fukuoka is NOT an option. Would rather have root canal.

Not sure how will handle English classes while Granny K not around to look after Ryu - worse case scenario I have to hold him while I teach I guess. And for the primary school one I have that week. Hmmmmmm. One of the man teaches I teach with, who don't think I am worthy of 'sensei' title, can hold him and god help the boy he will by jeepers vomit all over them.

In other bum news...

Got Shou and Marinas 'gyochu kensa' sticky things today - have to press sticky pad to bumholeyhole first thing in the morning - before poo. Is to see if they have 'worms'. Last year I forgot and had to do the next day and secret squirel pass sticky poo pads in envelope to kindy teacher at ex-kindy teachers funeral.

I WILL remember tomorrow. Can't be the forgets to hand in sticky bum pad mummy every year.

So that's the end of the bumholeyole news.

In other news...

Hmm. Friend came for tea and brought cakes. Naughty bad straight to my bum cakes.

Can't get away from the bum news today folks.

Anybody else care to share some bum news?

Christ nearly forgot - I actually did some organizing today. My English stuff is almost sorted. Got WHOLE bag of rubbish out of it. Am feeling cleansed.

Right, off for romp in hay with hub. Actually more like romp on futon. Is true you know - the more you do it the more you want to do it. Like sleep with Ryu - the more he sleeps during the day the more he sleeps at night. Yay.

Nighty night campers.

Be off with you.

Be gone.

Find some hay.

SDGH&QL

9 comments:

Jo Tomooka said...

Let me know when you are teaching at the school and if it fits with my busy schedule I could come and look after Ryu at your place...
I always get Tom to do the bum sticker things - claiming I can't read the instruction book properly!

Gaijin Wife said...

Jo - We didn't even get instructions this year! Maybe a budget cut?

Must be saving Loooooots.

Thanks for the offer but seriously - would be quite impressed if Ryu vomitted all over man teacher. Or perhaps I could tuck his bouncer under my arm! Actually by then he will be five months - so could just take the jolley jumper!!

Melanie said...

Fiber, its your best friend!!!

Seriously, they make you stick something to the kids` butts to check to see if they have worms?! How do you even know if the poor kid is going to go or not?

I am so not looking forward to that in a few years time....

Midori said...

I have been trying to work out how to train Joey to do the Japanese "poo in the morning" thing... your bum sticker comment reminded me that I have been meaning to ask people how they do it?! ;-)

I think Ryu vom-ing all over the lovely "teacher" sounds like a great plan. Be sure to feed him and shake him alot beforehand! ;-)

thefukases said...

I'm with Jo- impressed you do the bum stickers- that and folding those darn origami pee test cups comes under my 'I am waaay to foreign to understand this fine art- you do it honey' job category. Can just see Granny K raving to all near and far that she has the bum of a small child. Such a young bum....

Good luck for November!

The verification word today is funulate. Lotta that happening at yours, hey. Think I'll suggest a little funulating around here, too...

colorbynumbers said...

bum stickers?? oh geez..that`s a new thing. Have no idea about that...is it done at kindy only?
and how DO you get your kids to poo in the morning????

Nay said...

oh dear, I am so not looking forward to those 'bum stickers'... And anyway, how could you not know that your child has worms anyway?!? The poor little mite would be itchy has hell!!

Kelly said...

More bumholeyhole stories please! Very very funny!! :)

I can't believe you have to do that bum thing for the kids, isn't worms an in-house thing? Obviously not in Japan..

And to top it off, the security word that I have to put in below is:

oututurd - out u turd !!! Classic.

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Haven't ever heard of the bum stickers before! Is it only Japan that does this? Getting kids to poo in the morning!? I'm finding toilet training hard enough without having to worry about things like that aswell! Couldn't get James to wee in the paper cup for his 3 yr check up either and I imagine trying to get a girl to do it or at least catch it without making too much mess is going to be an ordeal when Alexa turns 3...