Friday, 9 October 2009

Big Gulp

Still not here but for some reason I feel a little less freaked out - hearing that post birth periods can be so up the whack. That said I have ALWAYS had a 28 day cycle. I have never skipped periods for any reason bar pregnancy before. After both Shou and Marina it came back at three months and stayed. I casually asked hub this morning if he could remember a time this past month when we had not used any shinken chinchinan security. He said no but looked very pale and said 'we can't do another one you know'.

Shit, am just going to flick back over posts to see if even had relations during preggable time.

...

Crap - had shag on night of day 13.

Aren't there some pee sticks that you can tell only a week after period due? If hasn't come by about Wednesday next week I will go and get one. SIGH. Carrying Ryu into chemist to buy pregnancy test and I'm sure I will feel like biggest irresponsible slutty pants hoe ever. I'm pretty sure I know what we would do if I was pregnant but probably really no point even talking about - will cross that bridge when we come to it and all that.

In normal news - Ryu and I went to visit Jo this morning so she could sign the documents for Ryu's New Zealand citizenship and passport. We came home and faffed round for an hour and then went to pick up Chiemi to go the Indian place in the mountains - which is no more we found out once we drove all the way up there. Has been closed since bloody March. Then went to small coffee shop that was also closed and we ended up at place Solar Panal Man's wife and I always frequent.

Got home and thought would just nap with Ryu for twenty minutes or so - when woke up was ten past bloody four so had to run round like mad woman sorting dinner, running the bath, getting jim jams out and feeding Ryu before going to pick sproglets up.

Hub walked in the door at half seven as I was literally coming down the stairs after getting Ryu to sleep. Marina went down just before that and Shou was still up waiting for me to put together some shinken plastic robot thing that I had promised him I would do once the others were in bed.

Hub: Oh, I thought all the kids would be in bed.
Me: It's only just half seven.
Hub: ...
Me: How on earth do you expect me to get three kids to bed in the space of half an hour? I think have done stellar job getting the two of them down before his highness comes home don't you?
Hub: Crikey aren't we in shit mood.
Me: (as I'm getting his dinner ready) Why don't you just try the three kids on your own thing just once darling, sweety, would throw you off the tenth story balcony if we lived that high up, pumpkin, honey pie.
Hub: ...
Hub: Why don't you and Chiemi go out tomorrow night? You're obviously a bit stressed and perhaps a night out would be good.

Fuck, I'd rather have a diamond or a week at a Spa but not one to look a gift horse in the mouth I have mailed Chiemi and am awaiting a reply.

Hub was meant to be helping harvest the rice tomorrow but our builder, who just also happens to be our rice harvester, decided to get it over with today. It will magically appear as bags and bags of waiting to be husked rice tomorrow. The nicest stuff will get sent off around the country to relatives by Granny K and we will get the rest.

Don't think any more news to share with you this fine I might be bloody pregnant evening so will leave you with a couple of funnies...

This is Shou this morning. Mask made from lid of box that a prezzie for Ryu came in. Has a rubber band thing to go round the back of his head. He thinks he looks like a Ninja. Shit this made me laugh for ages this morning. The teachers at kindy (yip - he wore it the whole way there) had a good laugh too, especially at his 'high' nose being squashed abainst the plastic.

This is Coffee Chiemi's youngest son Uta-kun. His legs and arms are going a mile a minute and I'm amazed I even got a proper pic. Could be Olympic diver.

SDGH&QL

15 comments:

Vicky said...

You can get tests that work from even three days late, so why don't you go tomorrow and put yourself out of your misery. If it's positive, it's positive but if it's negative it's possible that the hormone hasn't built up enough yet.

Both my pregnancies were showing up when I was only three days late! Faint, but there was a line...

And the one that I suddenly realised was on about day 48 or 50 since last period?? Peed on a stick and nada. Got it a few days later. I still wonder if that was a miscarriage but it was sort of over before I realised what was going on.... But it didn't show up on the stick, is what I'm trying to say.

Good luck. I'd say "Chin up" but that might be a little inappropriate! Or too late....

Gaijin Wife said...

Vicky - chin up. LOL. definately a bit of down chin down for the next while me thinks.

anchan said...

Get thee to a pharmacy, GW! A test should work now, no need to prolong the agony of not knowing. xxx

thefukases said...

Oh I can so see the GW family Daikazoku programme. You'd blow the skanky one in Saitama with the shaved headed hooligans and the second generation one in Aomori with the 16 yo preggers too out of the water. The cute ones with a penchant for whacky kanji in Okinawa would be your only competition....

I'm amazed how quickly you get back to normal after giving birth though. I went a full year with both of mine before I had to worry about anything.

illahee said...

yeah, clear blue easy will work now. fingers crossed it's just a wonky cycle!

Sara said...

wow i missed all the drama of the last post?!

am anxious to hear the results of your test - but have good thoughts that its just a bit of post partum period fuckedupness and not numero quatro bunito.

sakura's almost 3 months now and still now sign of auntie flo... is the 3 month mark usually when she returns if you are exclusively breastfeeding? can't say i'm going to be thrilled to have her back

Gaijin Wife said...

Sara - numero quatro bunito better turn out to be numero zilcho bunito or am in numero lots of fuckin trouble.

Three months seems to be the mark for unlucky bastards. Is not uncommon to have no periods the ENTIRE time you are breast feeding. God, the bliss.

Lulu said...

There are tests that work before your period is even late- I know because that is how I found out I was pregnant with Goma-chan about 4 days before it was even due. I was an excitable one "Trying to conceive" so I had special super duper tests...now at 7 months plus pregnant I am begining to wonder what I was thinking. HAHA. Not really- although I wish he would stay away from my ribs.

Oh my god though pregnant with a 3 month old- that is pretty gold. Although not for you. But maybe you could sell the story of super chinchin and super NZ woman to Women`s Day or something?

Hope it is negative. I liked hub`s reaction.

I was disappointed to find out the other day that you can`t go on the pill if you are breastfeeding- I was hoping to go back on after birth to avoid periods again altogether. Guess that won`t be happening.

Midori said...

Yes I agree with the others. A pregnancy test would work now without any problems. I was a couple of days late this month and had a minor freak-out as I am on the pill and my period always comes on the same day but no babies is Midori and Mal land this time! LOL!

Sarah- my period came back when Joey was 4 months old. Was most unimpressed as had assumed I would have a bit longer. Some people do get away with it much longer when they are BF-ing though. D`s helpful comment when I whined about having periods again so soon was "ah well, it just means your body is ready to have babies again!" Pissed me off no end as obviously he had no plans on doing anything that might involve making babies so there was zero point in my periods!

I guess that you must have very mixed feelings. At the end of the day it might not be the best timing and you will very definitely have your hands full but babies are always a blessing at the end of the day... ;-)

colorbynumbers said...

Here`s hoping you`re in the clear.
Like the chin down comment..might use that one ;)
sara-My period came back after I stopped b/feeding..I had about 2 during..but I think that was just out of whack hormones..a friend of mine breastfed for a year and half..no period yet and she stopped about 6 months ago..so it all depends on the person.

Oyomesan said...

oh wow!

get to a pharmacy or witch doctor or something.

Can you actually go into a long weekend and not KNOW?

Have you thought of a chin-strap?

umebossy said...

Fingers (and legs!) crossed that it's the result that you want!

Vicky said...

Periods are weird things. I had NINE blissful months after Yoshi was born. Was expecting the same thing with Harry - got two. Bleh.

Rachel said...

I went for a whole year after Erica was born before I got a period. I got them back much sooner with the other two though, so I suspect it's as much how you breastfeed - Erica had no bottle or pacifier and woke fairly regularly during the night. Going even as short a time as four hours between feeds can result in the normal hormones rising again and hello aunty flo!

Sad to hear that Indian place in the middle of nowhere closed, it was yum if I remember right. Mind you, I only went the one time, seeing as it was in the middle of nowhere!

Midori said...

Rachel- I think everyone is different as well though. Joey BF-ed constantly for the first 6-8 months- he rarely went more than 3 hours without a feed and I still got my period at 4 months. Was most disappointed as I thought that at least the lack of sleep would be counteracted by the lack of period but I ended up with both! I guess I am just very unlucky!!