Thursday, 3 September 2009

You know you've been in Japan too long...

You know you've been in Japan too long...

When the Japanese Media hypes bloody Oinky flu up so much you end up feeling your current supply of products may not be enough and get online to pre-order more handwash that wont be arriving for three weeks.

You know you've been in Japan too long...

When you see a spider and think calmly how much smaller it was than the one that led to leg over pre-Ryu incident.
This is the biggest one seen inside this year. It is on the inside of the wood burner so not getting out and they don't seem to climb back up the chimney so I imagine it will die in a couple of days unless a child decides to open the door - shite. And if so then I hope am not in vicinity as three children enough me thinks.

My Thursday English class started back today after breaking for the summer holidays. They were good and I used my friend so they could all practice introducing themselves. Ditto for the evening class but they had to make up a couple of questions each too.

Shou WENT BACK TO KINDY TODAY - and after dinner promptly got another temp. I hope he sleeps it off. The house felt so strange after a week and a half of one or two of the older two at home. Marina is in fine form and her cough has even cleared up.

Friend and I planning (if Shou not at home) to go to USA Jingu (Shrine) tomorrow. Maybe some sushi of family restaurant food on the way home, some nappy shopping and supplies for Sukiyaki for dinner - our last supper. I asked her if she wanted it and apparently, although I can't remember, it was the last meal she had with us before she left Japan two years ago! Maybe hub has it in his mind as a good sendoff feed. He has told me to invite Granny K to eat with us. She might decline though as can't eat till at least Marina and Ryu are down and don't all old people have to have dinner at about half four?

So, the snack story ....

The snack is one that we used to usually end up at after office drinking bashes in Beppu - while I was living in Kunimi as a CIR on JET. My supervisor had a thing for the mama woman that owned it. After leaving JET and moving to Beppu to work at the university I still went to this snack every so often - usually after drunken phone call from someone from Kunimi who was on the lash there. The mama asked me if I wanted some extra cash.

I said yes and ended up working there two or three nights a week for about a year. It was good money and not too bad most of the time. I didn't work on nights before big work things and it hardly ever interfered with my hectic social drinking schedule with the other single gaijin gals that lived in my apartment building.

I used to get drunken comments from well, drunk men quite often. I let most of them slide and I even said yes to a slow dance with some local company honcho - he was sitting on the bar stool at the time when he asked but when I came round to the other side to dance noticed that when he stood up his head was perfect alignment to gaijin boobs. Ah well, I must have had a few and didn't really care and it made his night and was no doubt the topic of conversation for many drunken nights with the lads to come. Got me a head full of gaijin boob the other night....

Anyway about a year into things I was thinking that I really needed to stop all these late nights. One of the regulars (according to Mama - he had never appeared on my shift before) came in with two mates. An hour of whiskeys later he decides it would be a good idea to show the gaijin bar girl his penis. Sorry, but can't say chinchin as that is affectionate Japanese word use on blog. He flops it on the bar counter and asks me if it would 'satisfy me'. I am needless to say disgusted and all together starting to get a bit nervous as these men look a little wannabe bad ass. I would have gotten over it had the mama said something to her 'regular' customer.

She said zilch and after they left ten minutes later I had a wee go at her. She said she felt she couldn't because they were regulars etc. And I said well I couldn't and wouldn't put up with that kind of shit. The odd comment about my boobs, a cuddly old mans face in my chest for ten seconds maybe, but slapping penile on bar bench so not on. Told mama not coming back - and I didn't.

So, not too exciting but still surpassed the random flashes and wanking off experiences I have encountered in this country.

The house is asleep - I need some Ryu cuddles... He was in funny form today. Even got a REAL laugh and not just a one syllable half laugh.

SDGH&QL

5 comments:

ローラ said...

The photo of that spider makes me squirm! God forbid I find something like that in this apartment - they could probably hear me screaming a block away...

And also that photo had a can of Asahi in it...yum. Not to sound like a drunk or anything, but I do miss Kirin, Asahi Clear, and Chu-Hi... :(

Send me some! Heh.

I would definitely have left that job too, if drunk Japanese guys started presenting their genitals to me! I also hate the "showing respect (a.k.a. leniency ) to regular customers. That's total bullshit, that they didn't get verbally slammed for flopping out their happy parts to an employee. :/

illahee said...

had one of those monsters in the house earlier this week. 'tis the season?

i seriously need a cuddle with ryu. *sigh*

LOL

as for penis-breath, maybe he intimidated mama, too. she might not have been able to tell him off for a number of reasons....i definitely would have stopped working there, too!

kasandora said...

what a gorgeous little man...would give me baby lust if my child hadn't packed a newborn like tanty lat night that made me sew my nether regions shut!

And I would have definitely left that job too...there is a certain line that cannot be crossed, and I think penis on bench DEFINITELY leaps over the line....by about a mile....

I hate spiders, you are much stronger than I....how do those bastards get in?

I have been getting the little hopping spiders (tokyo version of those I'm sure, about the size of the tip of my pinky) in the house, and even they freak me out...I can't imagine one the size of my hand....I usually just hoover the small ones up...I think that thing would break my hoover and I would just have to beat it to death with the end of the sweeper....

thefukases said...

Ok, I think I've been in Japan too long- saw the spider picture and took me a moment to even see the spider. Too overwhelmed at 'they drink real beer???' Bloody economy, we've slid from happoshu to daisanshurui.... ;P

I admire your guts for quitting like that. I'm a bit of a coward in that respect.

And Ryu! Could he get any cuter? I swear he'll be the cause of a baby boom among blog reading foreign wives... sigh....

Midori said...

OMG That is a HUGE spider. :-( I never saw any that big in Japan, which is quite a relief!
Ryu is SOO cute. I want to jump into your blog and squeeze his cheeks!
I think you did the right thing with quitting the snack bar job. There are lines that shouldn't be crossed in those kinds of places and that was very definitely one of them. :-(