Monday, 3 August 2009

Stress Relief for the Whole Family

Have you ever stopped in the middle of a tunnel, opened the windows and screamed your lungs out? Very very good stress relief and Shou and Marina had a great time too!! Of course you need a nice old country tunnel so that you can stop for a minute without fear of getting rear ended. We have loads of those.

That's how we started our day - screaming in a tunnel. And then singing along to 'noma noma yay' - a song that was a hit a few years back. Marina is only just getting a grip on Japanese and a bit of English and already she can nearly sing a whole song in some language used solely on a small Island near Maldivia - the Maldives (??) Aren't you pleased to see I am equipping my children with important life skills. Imagine the business opportunities...

Ryu had a crap night last night which obviously means I got no sleep also. I was not in the best of spirits this morning - hence need for scream session in tunnel. I was planning on mailing Coffee Chiemi and cancelling the walk but decided I should get my big arse out there, so I did. And thank god, I think I must have needed the fresh air. Came home and got shitloads done - even a few things crossed off the list I wrote last night.

Went to the bank to get a new bankbook for hub and found out the ATM now spits the new books out. Next stop was the post office to get box for plastic fruit, box for baby clothes that am sending up to Shizuoka, and to ask about their kiddy insurance/saving scheme they have that Shou has and that we are thinking about getting for Ryu. And no, we aren't just planning on getting it for our boys - Marina isn't eligible for insurance due to kidney complications being known about from ultrasound scans before even born. Hopefully she will be given the OK from the doctor at her next checkup and then we can get her insured.

The lady in the PO wanted to spend ten minutes going over the insurance with me - I said OK but would just go and get baby from the car. When I got into the little meeting room she had the cheek to ask if I had had my baby yet. I wonder what part of the 'just getting baby out of car' she didn't understand, and of course how she could possibly think the car seat I was holding with a real live baby in it was a designer handbag. Needless to say I sucked my tummy in so far I just about passed out - and then thought bugger it you bitch and let it all out again. I went from looking like I was five months pregnant to looking full term with twins in the space of two seconds.

Next was the supermarket in the next town over where I got a few groceries and accosted by a couple of vestlings. The first woman took one look at Ryu and then one look at my boobs and declared that I must be breastfeeding. I took one look at her and one look at her husband and declared she probably wasn't wearing crotchless panties.

An older man also came up to me and asked when R (our European stylist) was coming to visit. I said the end of the month and hope I haven't set R up for a pre-vestling stalker. I think he must be the father of the girl who R is friends with and whose house she is staying at for a night she is here.

Got home and did mad clean - including nearly all the washing that had piled up. Baked an Apple pie - for no particular reason, vacuumed and polished the floors - which I still do on my hands in knees. I don't know why really as it would be a lot easier with one of those duskin mops. Maybe I am secretly living in hope that hub will walk in and find me mid hands and knees mop pose and think a big bum is actually a great thing. He had the gaul to suggest I do situps the other day. I told him to bugger off and if he was planning on doing them with me then I would think about it.

Coffee Chiemi and her six year old son came over after lunch. We made our own sundaes - or rather her son went mad on chocolate sauce, icecream and pebbles (smarties). I imagine at about this time that he is jumping off the ceiling.

Granny K has to go to the hospital for some camera up the bum check tomorrow. It is over on the other side of where hub works so they are leaving early and he is dropping her off. I have put out the offer of going to pick her up but she has declined and said she will bus home...

Hub has just walked in the door and in my effort to heat up his dinner in the thirty seconds it takes from the time his car arrives in the drive to the time he arrives in the lounge I put the salmon on the grill plate at a funny angle and it has fallen down onto the grill. I am waiting for it to cool down so I can get an arm in there to try and get it out - flakey salmon bastard. Is going to take me ages and I may well need a miners torch. The other fillet is in the oven grilling - hub thought it would only take three minutes. Whatever. And the other twenty.

Nighty night.

SDGH&QL

10 comments:

anchan said...

LOL at the crotchless panties comment - superb!! I would so love to come out with a comeback like that, but I know that I would never have the balls!

illahee said...

oh man, i hate it when the fish falls in!!

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

When you're accosted by these oldies, sometimes you've just gotta be rude right back. Good for you.

gaijin wife said...

I so don't have the balls either to actually make comment out loud. In real life I just smiled and did the little laugh 'sou desu' . I don't even know what crothless panties would be in Japanese.

Kurochiresu pannteiiiiiiiisu

mainashi pannteiiiiiisu

??

pregnant lurker said...

Isn't it O-pan or something like that? I'd google, but I'm scared of what would come up on screen.

Luisa said...

totally different aside..but I saw your FBC comment and your kids pic..great recommendation but am wondering if they got the pics and/or blurb mixed up..youre not Wendy in Kanagawa are you? I thought you and your family lived in Kyushu..Katy in Kanagawa actually sounds more like `you` (the way you write here on your blog and the mention of new baby 3 about)..

Luisa said...

hi, just a quick note, I got the new FBC catalogue and your kids` pic is in as well as your piece..but just wondering if they got the pics and/or blurbs mixed up cos it the one with your kids on it says Wendy in Kanagawa ...

Luisa said...

oops somehow I thought one comment got deleted and re-wrote it..sorry

gaijin wife said...

Luisa - thanks for that. The catalog hasn't reached here yet but I am not wendy in Kanagawa. It should read Katy in Oita :)

Luisa said...

sorry, one was Katy in Oita, but I think your blurb mentioned having 2 toddlers and a one week old..and that one was given to Wendy in Kanangawa..