Saturday, 1 August 2009

Marina & Mummy Time

Sitting here with half an eye on the new ultraman movie which I have tried recording onto the hard-drive of the TV. I'm not completely convinced I've sussed it out properly though but it tells me to unlock the screen if I try and change the channel so maybe I'll just leave it till it finishes aye!

Hub is off at the local festival with Shous. I dropped them off and will go and pick them up when the taxi call arrives. The fireworks are starting soon and I hope Shou isn't too passed it to enjoy them. He was already on a high after daddy took him to the monthly lets pretend we are fireman and drive round in the noddy firetruck meeting after dinner.

I got some real real real Marina and mummy time this evening while hub and Shou were playing firemen. I honestly haven't had this one on one time with her for months it seems. Shou is always around, obviously as he is only three and not quite old enough to be sent down to the shops on his own. Marina, Ryu and I had a bath and Marina got to reign supreme over ALL the bath toys. And instead of looking like it wasn't as much fun as fighting over them with Shou, she had a great time and I thanked god we have a wet room bath unit thingy and not a normal bathroom - which would have been a foot under in water by the time she had finished. I made some banana milk for a treat and she got to press the button on the Belinda. Usually Shou gets to it first.

We got into our jim jams and I gave her a musical microphone that daddy had bought her but wanted to wait until Shou wasn't around. She LOVED it...

Please no more photos please...

I even managed to hide it away again before the brother came home to steal it off her and possibly bash her over the head with it. It was so nice to have my wee girl back for a while. I feel bad that I haven't had the time to spend with her lately and it has prompted me to re-think my plan to have her at home on her own (as in with Ryu but without Shou) one day of the kindy week. Ryu still gets loads of just mummy time without being poked in the face and sat on by the others so he won't mind sharing me for a day.

Hub was in a much better mood this morning and apparantly his back is OK (but I might have to make sure tonight - wink wink nudge nudge). We went for sushi with Ryu,who as per usual slept through the whole thing. We then went past the shoe shop and the baby shop for well, shoes and baby shite. At the baby shop I found some great plastic fruit sets that thought friend in New Zealand might like to distribute to her friends with kids - after they were all raving about the last ones we sent. Yes, she did want them and could I in fact please buy entire stock. Only five packets but got them all and girl on the checkout didn't even batt an eyelid at my obvious plastic fruit fetish.

On the way home we stopped at the hundred yen shop so I could get some cookie cutters for playdoh time tomorrow (hub is out at an annual shine your shoes and polish your buckles and stand in straight line wannabe fireman crap take half a Sunday bonanza - so in effort to keep Shou and Marina entertained while not having to go and hang outside with boobs exposed we are having inside play time) So, where was I, oh yes, the hundred yen shop. As we pulled into the carpark hub recognised one of the cars - belonged to the woman from the town office (hub is away in China on business for three years) who is having raging skanky hoe affair with man from town office who is married to woman who happens to be the teacher of the skanky hoe's daughter - who is very nice.

I walk in and see a woman at the checkout - can't see her face as her beautifully straightened long jet black hair is covering it. I dismiss her as being the skanky hoe as the way the girl is dressed is well, girlie - frilly mini skirt with high heels and the clencher to me - the boobs sitting far too high up for a 39 year old. But my god, she turned round and sees me and says hello and we have a chat (she was in my office when I ws on JET - notice that she was in MY office and not the other way round. I thought she was lovely person until found out is actually skanky hoe - and therefore loses all rights and ranks in Japanese heirarchy, hence she was in my office and not me in hers. ) What can I say but, holy shit. I wonder if I have every looked that much 'in love'. She was bursting sunbeams and skanky hoe rays of light.

I GUARANTEE that hub comes back tonight with some news of what she was wearing to the festival and whether the skanky man slut was there too - and if so was he ducking away from his three children for a quickie behind the yakitori tent.

Oh the joys of living in a small town. Kunimi is quite the happening place. I found out today that about number ten guy (as in one of the big cheeses, main squeezes, top guns) of that cult that dressed themselves all in white and lived up north somewhere in white buildings and drove white cars and all that crap (can't actually remember what their cause was - political perhaps? but it was huge news at the time), anyway, he was born and raised right her in wee little Kunimi. He drank the same water, he breathed in the same air.

A couple of years back, or was it last year I can't remember, there were groups of people hooking up in online chatgroups and arranging to meet at place X and then doing group suicide by gassing themselves in a car. Weeeeeelll, the son of the people who live three doors down from Coffee Chiemi was in one of these groups - went off to work one morning like usual and they found him five hundred kms away gassed out in a rental car with three people he had met the previous week in a group suicide chat room!! (found that hot bit of goss out during our walk yesterday morning)

Who said living in the middle of nowhere was ever boring.

Anyhoooo, better be off. Hub will be calling soon for a ride home.

SDGH&QL

4 comments:

tj-injapan said...

Wow, Marina looks so grown up! Love the anti-papparazzi shot. Glad you had a nice girly night.

I bet you've seen and heard more in Kunimi than I will ever here in Tokyo, lol. I promise never to poke fun at life in inaka again ;)

thefukases said...

Wow don't you live in the hot bed (punny!) of Japan. Maybe it's the date- hachi ichi sounds a bit etchi?? I found out a neighbour (70+ and toothless) is having an affair with the JA rep (bulky and square in a I'm wearing reinforced underwear from head to toe kinda way). Really could never work out how neighbour's wife could kiss that face and then find out he's got a bit on the side as well? The mind boggles....

So sweet the Marina and mummy time worked out. Mine never does, they invariably spend the whole time asking after the missing one. My fault for always saying 'go and play' I guess...

illahee said...

aw, sweet mummy and me time. i bet she doesn't ask after shou because he's always holding her down...

you certainly do live in a place of wonder. LOL

Green-Eyed Geisha said...

"skanky hoe rays of light" - This is a great line! I've been reading through your archives this week and I love your humor and honesty!