Saturday, 22 August 2009

Goodies

After taking the sproglets to kindy hub, Ryu and I went to take the car to get fixed. The handle is faaa-hucked and they have to order a new one in. I have to take the car back on Monday. Joy joy.

After the car shop we went to stock up on food as I doubt I will get the chance next week to go to a decent supermarket. We had sushi for lunch and came home for a siesta - well hub anyway. Mum rang so I had a chat to her for an hour. The unbloggables are still, well unbloggable and while I don't entirely agree with the way things are working out I really don't get a say because a) I am so far away and therefore lack of physical presence means I may not have any of the information correct at all, and b) shite, we're talking about a loved one here and if the situation was reversed I would be highly pissed that other people were trying to tell me what to do and how to live my life. Oh well, being this far removed and I can almost get through a day without thinking about it. Almost, but not quite.

I tried the baremineral dusty powder foundation stuff today. It was pretty good but I will spend more time next week as today I really only had a couple of minutes. It comes with a dvd so may watch that. There are four powders and I only used the concealer, foundation and warmth cover one today. I think the last one is the magic powder that will miraculously turn me into Gizelle - is that her name?

My order from Cherish Child in NZ arrived this arvo and some of the things were...
I initially ordered the I love Boobies bib for our niece who is expecting in a couple of months. I am now thinking that the goodness of this will be lost on a Japanese person and I will just put it on Ryu at every opportunity. The T-shirt will probably be for Ryu this winter. But if he gets too rolly in the next couple of months then the niece will get it.
These are some board shorts for Shou. They have this written down the side of them. He will have to wait a year or two to wear them though!
And lastly, an adorable pink onsie with lovely patchwork flower on it - for lady up the road who is having a girl in November. They actually came by this evening and gave us some fish. Hub had been out ALL DAY fishing on his own - while his eight month pregnant wife was at home with their two year old!! Wouldn't happen in this household. Was nice to get the fish though. Three 'aji' - not sure what that is in English. Shou and hub polished one off as sashimi, one got grilled (yum) and Granny K got the other.

At the moment everyone is in their rooms asleep I think. It is me, the big ass beetle and a cicada in here - the cicada and the big ass beetle are in the same insect box which I think may be inhumane and cause to ring insect social welfare but damned if I'm touching either of them. The cicada is BIG - as in I think it's cicada mummy was raped by an fuckin albatross. Anyway, hub can let them go when he comes down.

Off to the labour union bollocks in the park meeting tomorrow. Granny K has agreed to look after Marina so I will have to leave her with drawing and playdo activities, some snacks, lunch and milk instructions.

Nighty night

SDGH&QL

PS - what is your take on blogs with lots of pics, or rather my blog with pics? More pics less writing? pics ocassionaly when exciting and not of makeup and clothes? I doubt these types of pics will make it up here often though - I'm just happy to have my camera working again and seeing as I somehow managed to miss getting cute kid pics again....

7 comments:

Nay said...

More pictures please, but don't decrease the amount of writing :P

Aji is great grilled - jealous that you got some free even if the man giving it to you left his 8 month pregnant wife home alone to look after the little one...

No advice on the unbloggable... I just hope it works itself out :) It's hard, isn't it, not living close by so feeling like you can't do anything...

Rachael in Sydney. said...

Hi GW, infrequent commenter here. Nay beat me to it - your writing is great but i think we'd all like to see more pics of your cutie kids ::)
Have a great weekend.

thefukases said...

Ooohhhh, is it bug survivor at yours this weekend? I'm rooting for the cicada. Our suzumushi ate each other. I think that's really nasty of them. Don't find their bell like trilling quite so cute anymore...

Pics vs Words? Both please!

Good luck at the labour union meeting. Do you have be-sloganned hachi-maki for the event?

colorbynumbers said...

ditto on the words and pics..both are fab!
ooh that kiddy shop looks great!

Melanie said...

I`ll also vote on both, pics and words please

Slime said...

More pix, same writing! I love, love, love getting an actual glimpse into the lives of my bloggy friends. I always create pictures in my mind as I read, but as we found w/ the pic you posted of yourself, I'm usually way off the mark!

We've got a box full of beetles on the front porch, surprisingly we've kept them alive for nearly 6 weeks w/ only one fatality.

Corinne said...

I'm a huge fan of photeys on my blog but then i can never think of anything interesting/witty to write. Your writing is much better han mine, I always look forward to having a giggle and reading it in the mrning, so I agree, more pictures and same writing!