Sunday, 26 July 2009

Sunday Carnage

Will someone please turn the damn rain off. I don't mind a bit of rain - it's good for the garden after all. I don't mind a lot of rain - in fact the thunder and lightening is quite fun. But I'm not that keen on lashings of rain for days and days on end. The washing piles up and I start to get cabin fever.

I know I now have a flash new washer and dryer but still, don't really feel the need to have to put the four hour dryer cycle on three times in one day. I guess today was just one of the days. Lashing rain, the kids at home running absolute rampage, both kids getting the runs bad enough to not be contained in a nappy - and in fact Shou wasn't even wearing one!! Marina slammed her fingers in the bathroom door and then to top it off Ryu crapped in the bath and I slammed the door in Granny K's face just because she happened to have the misfortune of popping her head in the lounge to say she was off for a walk (rain momentarily stopped) just as I was trying to dress Ryu and get the kids to settle down at the same time - all the while with my boobs out cause had just gotten on my jim jam bottoms and not had time to find a clean top that didn't smell of milk.

Oooh, Shou also went for a lash in the alter room - I don't think he did it to be naughty I think it was more because mummy and daddy were in a foul mood and Marina had just slammed her fingers in the door so he probably felt he couldn't say he needed to go. Sigh.

I don't think there were any other dramas today. Marina's fingers in the door was pretty stink but thankfully I saw it that split second before it was going to happen and I screamed out 'stop' (actually think it just came out as arrrgghhhh) but it was loud enough to get hub's attention enough to stop closing the door. She can still move them and she seems fine now but it was pretty traumatic at the time - for all of us I think - apart from Ryu who was hanging out in his bouncer grizzling for boob.

I was looking forward to his and my bathtime together, thinking it would calm me down after the Sunday carnage. I saw the air bubble break the surface of the water a second before the bright yellow pooh floated up - honestly, just like squirting a tube of paint out. Until you try and scoop it out that is and then it all breaks up and you end up laughing because really at the end of a day like that what else can you do? I had to re-run the bath for hub and Granny but as couldn't be flagged trying to fish all the bits out while holding onto Ryu with one hand and while right booby was going for gold - if your boobs are pumped up anyway with milk there is nothing like a warm bath to get them to switch to auto-squirt.

So, no afternoon nap meant Shou was asking to be put to bed by quarter to seven. Bless his little heart, he really knows how to keep mummy and daddy twisted around...

Lets just leave it at twisted aye.

To end a day of carnage, mayhem and floating pooh...


SDGH&QL

Oh, and this is why toddlers holding babies requires parental supervision

The over-enthusiastic squeeze

8 comments:

thefukases said...

Ooohhh those two sweet faces- surely not the same kids you blogged about?

And here's to sunshine tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

LOL
Shou has curls and Ryu is huge. Good huge and very good looking.
Hope the shit weather clears up fast.

Michaela

Corinne said...

I'm sick of the rain too, it means I get a grandma lecture everytime I take Ash out with the rain cover on his stroller.
Finger slamming is traumatic for anyone, especially a little tyke, hope she's ok!
haha, I've had the poo in the bath experience once, we were finding bits of yellow crap floating around the shower room for days!
Very cute pics!

illahee said...

aw, look at the little darlings!!

i hope today goes much better than yesterday!

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Sounds like you had a very busy day. Hope the kids don't have the runs for too long. Does that mean they can't go to kindy if they have the shits? Been lucky that neither of mine have ever pooed in the bath...

Great pics

SabrinaT said...

They are so cute! We have had our share of tub accidents..

The rain caused mud slides here, and now there are Cho area's without water...

Kelly said...

Wow, it sounds like mayhem at your house, how do you get through a day like that? Do you just die when you hit the pillow??

I can't believe how big shou has grown! It's amazing how his face has changed. I'd kill to have curls like that. Does he get those from you?

gaijin wife said...

C-Mum - supposedly we should keep the kids at home if they have the shits. BUT, if they don't have a temperature and they aren't vomitting I take them and just say that they had the shits just once yesterday but since then has been fine - but perhaps hold off on the milk at lunch time today.

Kelly - Shou gets the curls from me and when he gets older no doubt the affro will follow. My hair has changed dramatically since childbirth though - getting straighter and then getting the curls back...