Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Ryu - one month

If I thought yesterday was hot then shit, how wrong I was. Today was just gross. Thirty degrees, no wind and a thousand percent humidity. I had to give in and put the aircon on during the chaos time because I was so close to a mummy meltdown - literally. We managed the dinner thing OK, the bath thing semi OK and bed thing didn't really go down very well at all. At one stage all three kids were crying and my god, I just about lost the plot. Fortunately sleep took over and I fell asleep beside Shou until hub woke me up at half eight.

He got home after midnight last night. I wasn't planning on still being up but had panic when got scary 'system hacking error' when trying to place order for Australian cheddar. Had visions of someone using my credit card details for purchasing small island off the Caribbean. Actually I only have thousand dollar limit on card so not sure if that even possible but still.

Couldn't ring the company due to the time so tried the free dial to the card company to try and put stop on card until could talk to company. Free dial had computer operated voice saying to push such and such a button for theft or loss of card, such and such for blah blah and to hold if you didn't have a push button phone. Who doesn't have a push button phone these days? I reckon even the phone that leads to the bat cave would be push button by now wouldn't it?

I hung up and then decided to try again as really in theory card had been stolen - or well that's what I was telling my self. Some twelve year old somewhere was sitting in his darkened room, drinking Pepsi and scoffing crisps while downloading my credit card details. When I tried the free dial a second time it didn't work, and every time until I stopped trying at half twelve.

We all got up at five this morning, and I do believe I fed Ryu at least once in between. So awesome, I got lots of sleep last night.

Rang local credit card number this morning and got patronising bitch telling me that if I was really worried they would send out a new card, but perhaps the error came up because I had been late in paying my card in February. Shove my new credit card and old credit card up your nostrils you stupid cow. Then rang food company and spoke to man who was very nice who then forwarded me on to tech guy who was also very nice, as was the guy who rang me this afternoon because he didn't realise the problem had all ready been sorted. Full points for customer service. My order got placed and I should be receiving Australian cheddar, pasta sauces, mince pies and salt and vinegar chips in a few days, safe in fact that some 12 year old in dark room somewhere not in process of purchasing small island at my expense.

So, back by popular demand is Ryu.... one month today...

What a stud.

Tomorrow he gets weighed and measured, and I get pocked and prodded. Am meeting a friend for lunch at sushi. Have English as soon as get home - if I make it and may in fact have to ring the mothers from the car to cancel. Therefore, I have to get English sorted and dinner made by ten am. But never mind, I have full intention of going to bed as meltdown mummy and waking up as wait...

is it a bird...

is it a plane...

no it's super mummy.

Actually only thing super about it is that can run round getting it all sorted without help of modern medicine. Wouldn't mind some drugs to get me through some of my days though.

Hub came home at half eight tonight and was all keen for some international relations - needless to say he had to settle for a bit less but still more than he's got for while. He got no sleep last night either really so I reckon he probably would have passed out from exhaustion if we'd actually done the whole leg over thing properly.

Well, nighty night campers.

Time to have some quality hub and TV time. Wonder if I can barter a foot rub.

nudge nudge

SDGH&QL

12 comments:

anchan said...

Awesome photo - and that is most definately a cheeky smile! Has it been a month already?!

Khea said...

Glad the scare worked out to be nothing. Might've been nice to have an Island somewhere in your name, to run away to though ;)

But on to more important things... that kid is TOO cute! I have no idea what you look like but god your kids are cute!!!

Nay said...

Ryu is so cute!! I love his little jumpsuit... although a green and gold one might suit him a little better *wink, wink*!! LOL

Glad that you were finally able to order your cheese and other stuff and it wasn't actually somebody trying to buy an island in your name, lol!

Ruth said...

How cute is he? Quite the little smiler. Can't wait to have a hold when I get there but can't believe he'll be nearly 3 months then!

gaijin wife said...

anchan - doesn't time fly. I think he is smiling too but considering it was the only time all day it happened am presuming just gas!!

Khea - I am six foot, slim and absolutely fabulous!! Says the five foot five fabulous fat woman. Guess one out of three aint bad :)

Nay - black and white all the way!!

kasandora said...

I always hope for super mummy when I wake up too....

and Ryu is such a little stud!

thefukases said...

Sooo cute! Although I'm with Nay, he needs a wallaby on that shirt somewhere... ;P

Night times sound rather hellish still fingers crossed it gets a lot easier in a very little while!

Midori said...

He is GORGEOUS!!! :-) I am ridiculously broody at the moment, don`t suppose you want to package him up and send him to London for a bit do you!?! :-)

illahee said...

what an adorable little man!! i can hardly believe he's a month old already!!

Sara said...

Has it been a month already?!!?! I still remember having a oral recussitation of your birth story to Nay and Lulu while they were here visiting like it was just yesterday.

He is so so so so so so cute. I love your blog GW, I really do, but every time I read about Ryu it makes me want BG here NOW.

Glad you and hubs got a little international relations in - maybe that will help his mood a bit. And also thank goodness about the card - I sometimes get really paranoid ordering stuff online for that reason but so far no issues - wonder how big of an island you could get for 1000 dollars... a few grains of sand?

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Your baby boy is way tooo cute. Love the Beckham hair-do!

Glad to hear that cheddar and other essential supplies are on their way to the gaijinwife household.

Credit card companies are a nightmare, eh? So many numbers to call - the card people, the card protection people - all have nothing to do with the other which causes miscommunication and confusion. Glad all is sorted.

Corinne said...

Awww Ryu is such a cutie, love the All Blacks outfit, although i too would be going green and gold! He has a great little mohawk going already, my little monster is still bald at 5 months.
Credit card scares are freaky, glad nobody was going nuts on a spending spree with it!