Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Masked Heroes and Cute Babies

The WHOLE family was up at five this morning. Even Granny K who went to the fields to do some plowing or whatever it is she does before the day got too hot. Kids fed, dressed and off to kindy and I come home to do round of house stuff, and sort Ryu and I out for shopping trip. Coffee Chiemi (would appear she know has a screen name) came to pick us up at nine - although arrived ten minutes early so Ryu was screaming and I was running round with a towel and jeans. All good though, she seemed quite happy to pass me my clothes from the couch. Yes, that means she came straight in the house and was hanging out in the lounge when I got out of the shower. Thank god I didn't do my naked moonwalk down the hall like I usually do!!

We went to big department store and spent few hours shopping and then had some lunch before heading to home centre to purchase a scrubbing brush and broom, which were the only things that I actually had on my list. Can't go out and only come back with shite like that though, so I felt need to purchase...
Shoes for Shou - he requested ones with super heroes on them and I searched high and low for ones his size. He had suggested that perhaps Marina would like some new shoes too - maybe ones with the masked rider on them!!

I got her a cute skirt instead...

Had to get mummy something too...

Got daddy something too - a couple of t-shirts and some tickets for the summer jumbo lottery - which I might add we are going to win.

Got home and Ryu had some tummy time...

And I think he even got some head airtime...

At his one month check up the doctor said I could start tummy time to strengthen his neck. Today was his first time.

I don't usually post pictures of shopping purchases so sorry for the random insert there. Gotta try everything once I guess. I tried marrying a Japanese man once... Look where that has gotten me!

Hub just asked where the rubber bands were - I said the fridge. He opened the fridge and looked inside - no doubt wondering what kind of strange woman keeps rubber bands in the fridge. Or perhaps he just thought it was a foreign thing. Keep them cold - they stretch better. I meant that they were round one of the bulldog clip magnets on the fridge...

Granny K has just popped her head round the door to say she is having a bath - she has a swollen eye which she claims is from some crazy insect she got attacked by in the field yesterday. I noticed it this afternoon but it wasn't nearly so bad. Hub has told her he'll take her to the hospital tomorrow morning if it gets worse. Can't really imagine a one eyed granny K so lets hope it gets better.

Best be off - watching 'za gyoten news' on TV - woman who weighs 190 kg is on a diet to try and get back to her originall 55kg!! Love these programs. Inspiring, but at same time make me feel not like such a lard ass - which is bad as am a lard ass and do need to lose weight!! Off walking again tomorrow morning :)

SDGH&QL

9 comments:

Ruth said...

Za Gyoten News!!!! Oh how I miss Nakai kun. Those "fat specials" were my all time favourites; you can't help but feel thin afterwards.
Like the new bag and it was so cute that Shou suggested Marina would like Power Ranger shoes.

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Was howling with laughter at the rubber bands in the fridge. What is it with Japanese men sometimes???? My hub does stuff like that ALL the time. Moshi moshi, anybody home?

Like Marina's cute skirt. Must be a day for grabbing baragins or something. Went out ot buy a kettle and came back with cute clothes for my daughter, several kids' books and a DVD player!

sassymoo said...

Hey, I watched that show too! I wonder how much they paid her to walk around in her undies? No amount of money would ever entice me to get practically naked on Japanese TV. Good for her trying to lose the weight though. Certainly inspiring. Makes me think I should put a bit of effort into losing the baby weight that has been hanging around for almost 2 years....or maybe I`ll just go have an icecream instead.....

kim said...

Ohh cute skirt!

haha looking in the fridge for rubber bands! That's classic! I would have laughed so hard if I was there.

Whoaa 190 kg to 55 kg? I need to watch out for these shows when I get to Japan. I can't even imagine that!

illahee said...

i love the skirt, too! so cute! shou's shoes seem pretty kakkoii, too (though i don't know from japanese super heroes....)

i am a bag woman myself, so love the bag!

and as always, baby pics are much appreciated!!w

Oyomesan said...

what happened on that show? we started watching it...but it seemed to me she would never lose any weight living alone like that...because her eating seemed so MUCH a comfort and time filler...

did she lose it?
so sad...

Corinne said...

I watched it too, it made me put down the 3rd choccie bicky I was about to scoff! Wow Ryu is holding his head up early, clever boy!

tj-injapan said...

wow, za gyoten news is popular! of course we were watching it here too ;)

LOL abt the fridge/rubber band incident. I swear hubby's eyes are glued onto their head sometimes.

Looks like a good day shopping - like your bag, that is the sort I am looking for, but never seem to be able to find (think it has something to do with a non-cooperative toddler hanging off my leg OR doing laps of the shop that means I cant focus on the important stuff, like bag shopping. *sigh*)

Sara said...

we don't have a tv so no fun news watching here - thats ok... i'm more on the before side of that lady than the after so probably would just depress the crap outta me

cute pics!!! like the purchases as well as Ryu!!! awwww~

hope granny k's eye is better - i agree a one eyed granny doesn't sound like much fun