Friday, 17 July 2009

Just Like Riding a Bike...

It turns out that the nearer out of the nearer rather than more distant future was correct last night. In fact a lot nearer. In fact about an hour after I posted I think. A nearly three month hiatus and it turns out that getting a leg over is just like riding a bike...

I don't really know what came over me. Well I do of course and I had had a drink for dutch courage (why do we say that? are the dutch all scaredy cats that need to be on the lash all the time to get anything done?). I must say that the meeting wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, not nearly as bad as I remember it being after baby one - and I had the same doctor attending to the warwounds both times. I don't think hub's diddly whatsit has shrunk. Is that even possible? Do they shrink with age? They mustn't do or you wouldn't get so many men leaving their wives for younger women. The younger women wouldn't have it - all these old grey haired men and the case of the shrinking willy.

Christ, that was all a bit cryptic. In other words, back on the shag wagon.

Coffee Chiemi and I couldn't go walking this morning due to crap rainy weather so I came straight home and did some random chores - like clean the glass on the fireplace door, and vacuum pack the winter futons.

A parcel from amazon arrived mid morning. I ordered it so long ago I had almost forgotten about it. Quite easy when the order was dvds with the titles
1. Travel adventures - there goes a train, plane and bus
2. Big forestry and construction machines ONLY
3. Tractor adventures

Prime bribery treats for the devil child.

This evening we had the kindy summer festival. I got there at half five after feeding and bathing Ryu and leaving him in the capable (??) hands of the half blind Granny K. Her eye doesn't seem to be getting any better. She didn't want me to take her to the doctor's today. I don't know if the fertiliser was just really ugly shit or whether it takes longer to heal on vestling skin.

Anyway, hub arrived at the kindy just before six and we sat down with thirty other kids and their parents for curry and rice. Marina got covered in hers and I was going to change her clothes but luckily hub suggested I just leave it - just as well as her shaved ice went all down her top and leggings too. She smelt like a mixture of curry and strawberries. Nice.

After the curry dinner there was some taiko drumming which hub did - although he didn't know beforehand that he was going to be called upon. Then the kids all got three tickets for the shaved ice stand, fish small balloon with some water in it out of a tank stand, and throw a hoop over some lollies and chips stand. Great times. The night ended with some fireworks and a trip home with two overly tired children. They got quick showers and put to bed although Shou is still awake. I can hear him.

Better go have a wee sleep with him.

SDGH&QL

5 comments:

tj-injapan said...

love your work (and bike riding skills), gaijin wife.

as for the photo of ryu- I think it looks great taking up the whole page. And with that mohawk, he looks like he is already a member of the all blacks. seriously cute stuff!

thefukases said...

You got heavy rain too? So much for the rainy season being over, huh?

Glad to hear you're not sore anywhere...

And Dutch courage? I always thought it was because the Dutch make great beer and beer gives us courage. Hmmmm....

Sara said...

applause!!

what a lucky man GW hub is... you are what just over a month or so post-partum?!

i haven't had an int'l relations meeting for so long... i miss them but am afriad of post-birth damage for sure

just reassuring you rainy season is in full blast here too.. and looks to be for the rest of the coming week!

TGIF :D

illahee said...

woo hoo! back in the saddle again...

can't wait to see you this weekend!

Lulu said...

Lucky hub!!! Bet he was a happy chappy!

Interesting to hear if they do shrink with age? My father has lost half an inch in his height but that could have something to do with his alcoholics stupor.

Have fun bribing Shou with books- would of worked with me as a kid. I begged and begged and begged everytime we went to the shops for a new book or two.