Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Energized

I did the DVD this morning - well, I did half an hour and then it got a bit jumpy and boobs told me had to stop. Did some stretches and situps. Must admit is most exercise, bar walking, I have done in a long time. I don't count getting a leg over as exercise as any recent meetings have been very very passive on my part. That will change though, when I get skanky and slim enough to be thrown up against a wall.

I was looking at my stats page and clicked on the recent searches. Apologies to the person who landed on one of my posts titled 'Suck me in' when really you googled 'suck me in the back of my car'. I hope you found what you were looking for.

Today was lashing lashing lashing rain - and thunder and lightening. The works. Was quite exciting but meant couldn't go walking this morning and all thoughts of going out anywhere in the car were squashed as just getting from the house to the car was shower material. Needless to say picking up the kids from kindy was all fun.

The afternoon was a very lazy one - some cuddles with bubs, a bit of cooking, and some faffing round doing god knows what. Hub came home in time for bathtime and like I good wife I 'thanked him' for all his hard work - today is pay day. I used to not say anything to him, mainly because it never occurred to me. Nobody thanks me for what I do after all. One pay day though hub was in a foul mood and when I asked why he said 'did it not occur to me to say thank you at least on pay day' ?? If he brought home hard cash I may have been inclined to do so but half the time I don't even remember unless I actually have to go to the bank on that particular day.

At the time it prompted the 'you think your job is more important than mine' just because you get money. He said that of course his job was more important... rah rah rah ended in huge discussion and he wouldn't stand down. Thou is man. Beat thy chest.
Thou is woman. Use they head. Take all thy husbands hard hard hard hard earned money and ration out little bits to him as you see fit.

Anyway, I have learned that a praised man is a happy man and so now I make an effort to 'thank' him on pay day. So today, I ironed all his shirts and made him a nice dinner. Ironing shirts is not on my list of wifely duties but today they just happened to be spread all across the tatami room. Hub had only ironed one last night and left everything out, including the six unironed shirts. Fortunately the iron had been unplugged - although Granny K's room is the closest one being right next door.

Must say though, the woman is actually being a help lately. And her eye is getting better. I think she is even feeling up to being in public again.

Well, another early night perhaps. Or do you dare me to go for three times in one week...

SDGH&QL

7 comments:

shufuinjapan said...

Hi Gaijin Wife. Just so you know your recent posts have inspired me to get of my own back side. I thought if Gaijin Wife can do core rhythm after having third child, I can do some of my Tracy Anderson Method dvd (the new latest and greatest thing). So thanks for the motivation!

illahee said...

oh man, now you're making me look bad! the bad weather meant no going out and moving around for me! *sigh* guess i better start looking for my DVDs....

Rachel said...

will you be like me illahee and sort through the DVDs, wipe off the dust, then put them aside for later....

good on you GW for getting your A into G! Inspire me!

Can you come to Nakatsu this weekend, I don't know if you remember me mentioning the Gion party, but it's this Sunday. Come along and have some fun! DON'T bring the DVDs, it's an evil no-diet day.

Midori said...

Very impressed!! :-) (Both with the exercise and the willingness to consider 3 times a week so soon after birth! LOL!)

illahee said...

rachel, i think i'll be exactly like you! LOL

Anonymous said...

Three times a week? Well that's one weigh to burn calories! I like your style! Enjoy Shite Katie yori

Christie D. said...

Hi - don't know if I have commented before, so, Hi!

I took ironing (of hubby's work shirts) off my list of wifely duties for the following reasons:

1) I came home from a morning trip to the doctor, told my husband (who was still in bed), "It seems I have pneumonia", and promptly fell into a fevered sleep. 30 minutes later he woke me up, "Can you iron my work shirt?"

2) Another time, we had a fight. He won, as usual. I then went into a list of my hard luck and grievances. He could see some of my points (but was still angry from the fight), and said, "Well, you do do some good things. You do the ironing."

Luckily, he is not usually this bad. He took over his new work shirt duties without complaints, in a responsible fashion, and never tries to get me to do them!