Saturday, 25 July 2009

2 points plus bonus points.

Not even six am on Saturday morning and Shou and I have been up for over half an hour already! Punishment for having a nice night out perhaps? I seem to recall that when hub goes out I tend to do the early morning kid thing because he is about as helpful as a sack of spuds the next morning. He did bring Shou downstairs before but then promptly fell asleep on the cushions in the alter room and Shou, quite understandably, came back upstairs to get me. Thank god Ryu decided he wanted to sleep some more.

So yesterday, before I went out...

A friend who I haven't seen since Ryu was born came over in the morning. She brought chamomile and peppermint things of tea for me - I would have preferred gin but she must know that I'm trying to turn over a new leaf, in which case nice cups of peppermint tea would probably be better than chugging back loads of gin and tonic. She has three kids - all a year older than this lot so we had a good talk about the trials and tribulations of having three small children and husbands who work at the town office. She also brought cake with her and well, it would have been rude to not have some...

needless to say I didn't get many points on my first day using the GW point system. I did go for a half an hour walk in the morning and then came home and raked the leaves on the lawn though.

So, the points I got...

4 points for doing forty minutes of exercise
2 points for shag plus extra 2 for reasons explained in previous post. I wonder if I should get extra for getting thrown over piece of furniture. Hmmm me thinks the point system needs some tweaking.

After picking the kids up I finished dinner, fed them and then hub turned up home. We bathed them and hub entertained them while I had a pre-going out drink while I got ready. Having a wine and getting ready for the night out is almost as fun as the night out itself - well it was when I was getting ready with other girlfriends and didn't have two year olds hanging off my every limb.

I had bathed Ryu before I went to pick the kids up and he was in sleep sleep sleep, don't even try and wake me, mode. I tried anyway and he had a token two sucks on the boob before passing out again. I put Marina to bed and then Shou and my forehead had some rare photo time...


We got in the car and went to pick Chiemi up and then we were off. Yippy Yay. Chiemi and I had great time. Got a wee bit sloshed, had yummy food and gossiped for close to three hours about kids, husbands, shagging, the town office and silly slags at the town office who were all obviously only about getting into the married men's pants. It was great. The owner of the place knows both of us and asked after our significant others and collective six children. We said they were at home doing their damn fatherly duty.

Huurah

Kampai

Her hub came to pick us up. He didn't seem in a particularly great mood. Woe is me for having to do (with the help of my parents and grandmother) what my wife does ON HER OWN every time I am out with office. The two of them aren't on altogether speaking terms at the moment and according to friend most of their arguments start with her wanting some more loving and him not being up for it. She then pulls out the 'your a man for christ sake' and he gets in a huff and retreats to his room to play video games and peruse his collection of adult videos.

I got home and hub and I had a drink and got silly on the couch. I then got an email from friend saying thankyou for super night out (ditto) and that as expected her hub wasn't up for it and was giving her the cold shoulder and that she was jealous of what was probably going on over the paddies at our house. Um, yes, well...

It is now half nine - and no it hasn't taken me three hours to write this post. I got sidetracked with breakfast and general kiddy carnage for a good few hours in there. The sproglets are now off at kindy, Ryu is having a wee grizzle upstairs and hub is out getting his hair cut - he gets a hundred bucks if he comes back with a boozu (shaved off)

I might get a cuppa and finish ordering our 'return' thankyou gifts for the 'congratulations on new baby' gifts and money we got. I ordered 26 yesterday - cheap ones. About 600 yen for people that gave us small gifts that I calculated to be between two and three thousand yen. Also hub's office all put in three thousand yen each and there are 18 of them. I ordered mini waffles - they look very cool and when they arrive I will have to then stick picture of Ryu on the case and wrap them up as the online shop I bought them from doesn't offer that service - how non Japanese of them. It is quite common to get towels back so I make it a rule never to give them. I think food is better as then they don't just get chucked in the back of the cupboard along with all the other 'return' gifts.

Shopping awaits.

SDGH&QL

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! A picture of the elusive GW! Wasn't sure she acutally existed! LOL I love finally seeing pix of bloggers I've "gotten to know" to see how they compare to the image I've created in my head. In case you're wondering, in my mind you had short, blonde hair and were a quite a bit.....fluffier. Don't ask me why.

I know there are quite a few of us bloggy mommies who are trying to lose weight, maybe we should come up with some kind of competition, like who can accumulate the most GW points or something, with the winner receiving a special little something from everyone else!

So glad you had a great night out! You deserve it!

sassymoo said...

I have to agree with Brenda. Nice to SEE you, Gaijin Wife! I also thought you were a blonde.....
And I`d be up for that competition Brenda!My husband would be more than happy to help me rack up some shagging points. He may well be related to GW`s hubby....

gaijin wife said...

Oooh, I think I like being 'elusive'. If it was a competition hub would be stoked as no doubt the exercise and healthy eating would go to custard and I would have to try and win by purchasing a swing.

illahee said...

oh, count me in! i'm sure yoshi would be up for it.... >;-)

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Wow great to see a pic of Gaijin Wife. I had you down as wearing your hair in a short style like Brenda imagined too.

Good luck with the diet regime. Love the points system you have devised. Should drink more water and do more exercise other than push a tandem buggy too.

kasandora said...

wow, I have never seen you before! gorgeous! I'm glad I finally have an image to go with the one in my head!