Monday, 8 June 2009

First Kimono

This is what my clinic puts all the babies in. They are great. Would much rather have this as clinic going home prezzie. As it happens I will probably be getting our third lot of snoopy kiddie plastic plates.

Hub mailed asking how Ryu (Ree you) was. It would appear then that baby Aramaki now has a name!
He is well and so is his mummy, despite slightly sore boobage and more than sligtly sore tummy. Case of the shrinking uterus, made worse by baby trying to vacuum suck nipples off.

We had some visitors today, including my sister in law and her daughter. They drove an hour and a half and stayed ten minutes! Fair enough I couldnt get up and entertain them or get bubs because nurse had just administered bum bullet (refer to ugly section of next weeks birth story-the good the bad and the ugly) and I had to remain horizontal for half an hour.
Hub had to pick kids up bit early from kindy today because Marina had temp of 38. I think Granny K is looking after her tomorrow. I will probably get home on Friday to find she has been given Army style crew cut. Hopefully Shou stays ok or else hub will have to take time off work. God help a father who had to take time off work to look after his own children!

Well, nearly time for my beautiful little vacuum cleaner to have feed.

SDGH&QL

14 comments:

illahee said...

awwww! keep the pictures coming! ;)

sounds like there may have been a lot of ugly. PLEASE tell me the ugly. many many many cutie pie babies on the internets. must remember why i don't need another.

sleep well!

anchan said...

Ryu - fantastic name (am slightly biased as have a Ryuichi myself)! Is is the dragon kanji? He looks so adorable, I'm with illahee in needing gory details in order to prevent me jumping DH! Rest well, GW...

thefukases said...

Ohhhh me three on gory details. I was holding a friends 2 month old today and thinking of you and I started getting all mushy and babylusty- aghhhhh!!!

And I'm a fan of the Hilton bathrobe style hospital outfits, too. I wanted one in my size though... :)

Lulu said...

Me on the other hand might skip the birth story- seeing as haven`t done it yet myself but will have to in December! The idea of a bum bullet freaks me out I am not going to be good at giving birth....

He is adorable though and the kimono really suits him!!!

Jo Tomooka said...

He really is a beautiful baby... I hope he keeps being so nice and quiet like he was when I was there. Mind you he may have to get a bigger voice if he wants to compete with his big bro and sis!

michaelalegge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth said...

So cute! And very Hugh Hefner in his little robe ;) I'm half looking forward to and half afraid of the birthing story, but at least if I can make a more informed choice should I ever be thinking about having kids!

michaelalegge said...

What a beautiful and perfect little man - must be the Kiwi in him.
Well Done!!!!!

Jvillelass

Sara said...

OMG... I've come back to look at this pic a few times now. He is really really a cute baby - newborns aren't usually that cute are they?!

As for the ugly... oh lord... I'm not sure whether I will be able to read it or not. Is six weeks long enough to forget?

The bunster.. err Ryu (will need to get used to that) has quite a bit of hair too!!

tj-injapan said...

Hey Ryu, lookin' gooooooood!! congratulations again to you on his safe arrival - waiting for gory details, of course.

I wanted to swipe some of the hospital kimonos too! (they are not inprinted with inaka hospital name (like hotel yukata) or anything so why not!?lol)

Nay said...

I love the name that you guys decided on!! I think somebody else has asked already but what kanji did you choose?

I am looking forward to reading Ryu's birth story although it might make me not want to have children any time soon :P

I have you getting some rest at the clinic!!

Congratulations again :)

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Great name! Ryu looks adorable. Looking forward to reading all the gory to combat the urge to have another!

kasandora said...

hee heeeeee! I like this little guy already! And I LOVE his name!

Hope you enjoy your last few days in hospital eating the yummy food and getting the sleep.

I had a marvelous time in your home country last week! thanks for the travel advice earlier last month!

medea said...

Gorgeous! I quite Ryus, having married one.

Enjoy your clinic stay.