Friday, 6 February 2009

Hub has just phoned to see if would come and pick him up....

I said no. Not because Grey's Anatomy is about to start on BS - that has absolutely nothing to do with it. But, because the kids (obviously) are asleep and so is Granny K so, eventhough the okonomiyaki place isn't that far away, I would in theory be leaving the kids asleep at home on their own. Not quite ready for that yet. Hub seemed a bit purplexed as to my reasoning but then he has had five hours of beer and shochu and is dealing with a pregnant and unreasonable wife.

Oooh, It's started. Haven't seen it for ages. Is like catching up with old friends.

5 comments:

Gina said...

Cool, thanks for letting me know it's on, gonna catch Grey's right now then too! Good night this time for sures! : )

thefukases said...

Hehe. DH supported/ pestered me to get my license and then the day I did he was all 'yeah!! Now you can pick me up after nomikai!' I promised faithfully that anytime he finishes drinking before 7:30 (bedtime) WE (all three of us) will come and pick him up. 4 years and not one designated driver duty...

illahee said...

yeah, yoshi didn't get it at first, either, but he is more than happy to walk miles and miles home, in the dark, DRUNK, than to spend some money on a taxi. just don't get dead, dear.

Sara said...

Today is Grey's Anatomy Day for me toooo!!!!!

Poor hubs... how did he get back? I like the Fukases Idea sounds like birth control, but for drinking parties.

Lulu said...

Good choice- love Grey`s. You were probably already in your PJs too and who wants to get changed to have to go pick up hubs. Did he catch a taxi?

About the babysitting thing- I think 14 is an okay age to babysit. I started looking after my three cousins during the day when there mum was at work on school holidays etc when I was still in primary school. So either 11 or 12. They were ages 3, 4 & 6 at the time and all toilet trained (I think this is a big thing to consider in case whoever you go with has not changed a nappy before)- At about 14 I was babysitting my neighbours every so often and they were a newborn (well 3 months old when I started caring for her) and her brother was 3.

Like Sara, I like thefukases idea too! Lucky for me though, I am usually the drunk one (Whoops!) and Shun would be the designated driver. In Japan though were were pretty lazy and caught taxi`s home all the time if the trains had stopped running.