Thursday, 15 January 2009

Splish Splash

Shou is getting braver around the pool - which is good in that I don't want him to be a wimp around the water, but bad in that I have to watch him like a hawk! He used to be content with pushing his fire engine around the edge but now that just doesn't cut it. I got in too today though, as did Granny A, so had a proper swim, albeit with Shou balanced precariously on my lilo :) I'll have a pina colada with that thanks...

Went for marathon walk around the pond this morning. Pond is very large piece of water about ten minute drive from house. It is used for swimming and canoeing and windsurfing. Has a great walkway around it that Shou loved - for the first kilometre and then had to retire for a wee siesta in the buggy.

Not sure if I have posted this pic before... a great pic of Grandad with superman Shou.
As I type Shou is playing roads in his room. It is 8pm and I did spend half an hour in there doing the sleep routine but to no avail. I left and closed the door, expecting him to say "OK mummy I'll go straight to sleep now like a good two year old' but he didn't say anything. I will leave him for another ten minutes or so. Note the word leave - as opposed to ignore. Will probably go in there and find him asleep on a pile of duplo. Good sleep routine I know - shocking according to Granny A but then who put all the toys in the house in big no lid boxes to be kept in Shou's room. Is like shining a bit of shiny bling bling in front of sleep deprived bling hungry woman.

Right, a bit of financial organizing and meetings and sorting out going on over next few days. S1, S2 and brother are launching a new business and for better or for worse I am getting involved - as a silent partner so to speak as really know nothing about the industry or potential market. Lucky I bought the bling when I did or I might not be in position to do so anymore!

SDGH&QL

PS - thank you for congrats comments on Marina's first steps and the bunster. I formed a nice big reply comment and got typer happy and some how deleted it and redirected self to Illahee's profile page. Not that I mind of course - would have got there later anyway!

6 comments:

anchan said...

Ooooh, could do with a bit of sunshine here - it sounds lovely where you are! Not that you'd catch me in a pool, not until I've got my 18 year old figure back. Interested to hear more about your new business venture...

illahee said...

*sigh* i am so DONE with winter!! ;)

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous of the pool, I SOOO want to jump into water. Erica has mizu-ibo so I can't even take her to the baby swimming class. I'm hoping March is still warm enough in NZ to enjoy the new water slide my sister got

gaijinwife said...

Sending some summer sunshine vibes your way. I would never get back into a pool ever if I had to wait until I got my 18 year old figure back!!

Rachel - Good that she's getting it now though. Marina got it at two months - was great. She was happy as and only got about ten spots. Are you coming home in March? Feb for a meet up sounds good - presuming the three of us don't all get sick the minute we step off the plane into the cold and snow. Illahee?? (Shou in kindy I would only be two though :) - and a bump)

Rachel said...

Feb it is then, start planning early and there's a chance we'll all make it!

Not mizu-boso/chicken poz, mizu-ibo is a kind of wart, no idea what it is in English! But it midly contagious (have to touch it) they won't let the kids swim with it at school. And I have to get them taken off one at a time at the dermatologists after first taping over them with anesthetic tape. Then the doc pinches them out with tweezers. And she has dozens of them....

Gina said...

I love that pic of Shou and his grandpa, such a great picture! : )
Shou is such a cutie pie!