Wednesday, 31 December 2008

My Year in Review

Despite just blogging I found this on Lulu's blog and thought it would be a good thing to try and get out and to reflect on later on. It is a bit long so mushy brain hormones may cause it to start losing sense from about half away - or actually right from the top for that matter. Not sure.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Travel long distance on a plane with a two toddlers.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Obviously not. I'm still fat and still pregnant. Of course I'll make more. What's a New Year without a Resolution!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Fortunately not me. But yes everybody I know is either sleep deprived or pregnant - or both.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.

5. What countries did you visit?
Japan and NZ - and Korea if you count transit.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Pelvic floor muscles - but think that will probably have to wait until 2010

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oct 27 - Marina's operation date (finally)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through it

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing it on too many occassions

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I don't think being sleep deprived or pregnant falls under these does it??

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I would like to say some bling but that might have to top off my 2009 in review list.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Marina's nice doctor at the Fukuoka children's hospital

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own and that of everyone I live with at some stage

14. Where did most of your money go?
Hopefully not pachinko

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Coming back to NZ for holiday

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
If your happy and you know it clap your hands / Bob the builder soundtrack

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder

This time last year I had a one and a half year old and was breastfeeding a three month on. Does it get sadder than that?? YES - this time next year I'll have a three and a half year old, a two year old and be breast feeding a six month old. Awesome.

ii. thinner or fatter?
Will just ignore that

iii. richer or poorer?
richer emotionally (haven't you just always wanted to be able to say that)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending time at the hospital with Marina

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent already - family day minus hub but with lots of other extras

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope, but if a doctor had given me some sleeping tranquillizers for the kids I may well have fallen in love with him.

23. How many one-night stands?
Glad I didn't answer this ten years ago

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Not my fav but Grey's Anatomy and red hair/thin lip CSI man got me through my 'Give me some English right now or I will self destruct' times

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, I think Granny K topped the list last year too (but don't hate - just strongly dislike on average of about three times a week)

26. What was the best book you read?
Not very good because I can't remember it

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Marina's laugh

28. What did you want and get?
For Marina to come out the other side

29. What did you want and not get?
Probably loads but would all sound petty and childish (petty and childish! Me??)

30. What were your favorite films of this year?
Lightening McQueen (but only because only film watched from start to finish - just like two hundred times)

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Shared it with Shou who was two and I was 32.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the summer lotto so Granny K could get her own abode.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
So not happening and probably part of the food pyramid

34. What kept you sane?
hehe. Sanity is so over rated. hehe LOL hehe ROTFL

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Bob - but I think Wendy has dibs on him. Or is Wendy a lesbian?

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics?

37. Who did you miss?
Everyone not in Kunimi

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Solar panel man and his wife - who I did know but who didn't really become friends with properly until 2008

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't sweat the small stuff and She's not going to live for bloody ever

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!! Doesn't sum it up but does say what I need to do more of. Note to self, must enjoy the simple joys more.

2008 - I probably need to read over my own blogs to remember it properly but toddlers, babies, a live in mother-n-law and a new bun to nurture and worry about and I think we managed to get through the year OK. We live and we learn and I think I have done a lot of learning this year. And that is about as serious a comment as you will get from me.

Until next year...

2 comments:

Gina said...

I loved your #39! :D

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't sweat the small stuff and She's not going to live for bloody ever

Happy New Year Gaijin Wife!!! : )

Lulu said...

Happy New Year Gaijin Wife, hub, Shou, Marina & bun.

All the best for 2009.

I agree with Gina, the "She`s not going to live for bloody ever" cracked me up.