Thursday, 9 October 2008

Clearblue

Well, the line in the little window was definately clear and definately blue. Bloody, bloody bloody bloody crap - which am sure will turn into a yay yay yay soon enough. But, for the moment it is too much of a shock to get the champers out. As a friend told me this morning, I only need to sniff hub's undies to get pregnant. Of course, with my history, will have to wait a few more weeks to see if the swimmer is going to stick.

Marina and I went off shopping with Solar Panel Man's wife this morning. I had told her I was late, joke, joke, laugh, laugh. But not to worry cause hub 'pulled out'. I KNOW, I KNOW. I'm not 18 any more. My mother told me that that is crap form of contraception but honestly, in all years of shagging, was first time have ever done it and what do you know... some of the bastards obviously came out a bit early. Anyway, on way back from shopping friend asked if was going to do a test. I said was bit scared - unlike with Shou and Marina and few times before when I was running to chemist half an hour after my period was due.

Bought the test, dropped friend off, put Marina down for nap and took the magic pee. Had to do it twice just to convince self. Managed to get through afternoon English classes. Mailed hub inbetween them with

"If our third baby is a girl shall we call it Angelina?"

He emailed back with

"Why? You're not are you?"

I didn't reply and had crazy evening with kids and then English again from eight. Hub was home late - well just in time to put Shou to bed. He hasn't said anything about it and neither have I.

A third baby was something we talked about but thought would leave serious discussions until I at least came back from New Zealand in February, and probably until Shou could at least do most things for himself - go to toilet, eat and dress himself at least.

Arrrgh. I really don't know what else to say. I should probably get me and the scone craving bun to bed.

SDGH&QL

PS, guess this means Gaijin Wife Gets Skinny regime is out the window, to be replaced by Gaijin Wife just keeps getting fatter. Hate to think what doctor will say. Am going to put that visit off until just before we go home at end of November.

14 comments:

kasandora said...

awww, congratulations!!!

thefukases said...

Congratulations (for later) ;)

Just watching on Mythbusters and Cola is not a good spermacide either. Just FYI. ;)

Your kids are going to be great friends born so close together.

Just think- only eight or so more and you could star in one of those daikazoku shows. ;)

illahee said...

OMG!!

congratulations!

and lol about the daikazoku show. i thought four or more was enough for that! ;)

Nay said...

Congratulations for when you get used to the idea, lol!! I know I'm excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

This is closing the barn door after the horse is out, but you may want to keep in mind that precoital lubricant/fluid has 7 times the sperm of semen. A man doesn't have to ejaculate to impregnate a woman. He just has to be in there splashing around for a while without a raincoat.

Just an FYI in case you'd prefer not to go for 4 in the future.

Good luck with "3 under 3". ;-)

nakayoshilife said...

One of my friends was on daikazoku, she has 13 kids and lives in shizuoka. :)

Congrats...i'm taking my test tomorrow, had all the symptoms for over two weeks so far...so hoping like hell i'm going to get a couple of blue lines tomorrow too!

kuri & ping said...

Congrats from me too once you get used to the idea! :) Wow...I didn't really think the little blue line was going to pop up.

I'm excited and happy for you and hope you have a safe and healthy 9 (or 10) months! :)

Gina said...

Congratulations!!! : )

Sarah@mommyinjapan said...

Congratulations! I know you said you're not a religious person but anyone can use a prayer in this situation so I will send a prayer for you.

I cried for a day after I found out I was pregnant with my fourth and then I worried for a few months that it might be twins but eventually I did get used to the whole idea.

gaijin wife said...

Thank you all for the congratulations comments. Am a bit more with the baby idea now :)

I can't imagine having a daikazoku. Three kiddies, a mother in law and a Japanese husband is handful enough I think.

Angela said...

Well, how exciting! I even had a pang of envy for a short moment - they should have cut my tubes while they had the chance!

ailsa said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure once the shock wears off you're going to enjoy the feeling of being a mum to 3.

Lulu said...

Wow- god you really are fertile!!!

Congratulations for when you get used to the idea- I am sure having them close together will be a good thing.

What was hubs reaction?

Sara said...

WOW!! Ok I don't check your page for a couple days and then this!!
Congrats!! I'm sure it must be scary now...

I think I may be out this month... but we're gonna keep trying to hopefully if not your due date buddy, I can be at least a (some of your) pregnancy buddy.