Wednesday, 22 October 2008

The Bun Beats

Had docs appointment this morning. I was nervous!! Nervous that everything wouldn't be alright and nervous that was going to get telling off about weight and of course nervous the bun was fighting for space with another bun or two. But, the bun was all fine (and alone) and they didn't weigh me because too soon. Had to pee in the cup - which always gets to me cause unable to pee under pressure unless really busting. Then had the nice lady doctor who I knew wouldn't ask me a) about my weight or b) whether or not I was going to have the baby. Am to go back before going back to New Zealand just to check things and to measure the sprog to try and determine dates seeing as I am so crap can't remember exact date of last period.

Still aren't feeling the best though so blogs might be a bit less frequent until am over the worst of it. Not sure how will get on in hospital either - although I think I have the blogging from my phone thing worked out.

Between the docs visit and English I didn't get to have a preggy woman nap today and it is now nearly half past ten. Long past my bedtime.

Nighty night.

SDGH&QL

9 comments:

Sara said...

I have the SAME thing about peeing under pressure!!! It was so bad once that I had a friend give me half of her pee once at a annual check up. *shush*

Hope you feel better and glad the bun (singular) is ok!!

thefukases said...

Isn't it always a relief at that first appointment to hear everything's a-ok?

And don't feel alone. I totally failed a gyn. checkup not being able to answer ANY of the questions on the survey about first period, cycle length, last period etc etc. I tried to laugh it off with a 'does anybody really remember?' and got a very stony look that suggested the answer is yes.

Nay said...

I'm glad to hear that your first appointment went well and that your 'one' little baby is going good!!

Off the topic, but when you are given the choose, will you find out the sex of your baby? It's something that I have been thinking about a lot lately!

I would be screwed if anybody asked me questions about my period - If I wasn't on the pill I would have no idea... I have never mark it on the calender or anything like that... I might have to start getting a little bit more organised!

Gina said...

I can't seem to pee very well under pressure either, ha ha ha! Glad to know I am in good company about that! : ) I am glad your appointment went well. : )

illahee said...

dude, i pee all the time, even when not pregnant. lol

glad to hear everything is ok, and take your time with blogging (though i will miss you!!)

Brenda said...

Yea! So glad to hear you're both doing well! Do they have 3D ultrasounds in NZ or Japan? I had one with my last and it was so cool!

Angela said...

So glad to hear all is well - now you can relax and enjoy(?) the months to come.

Girl Japan said...

Congrats.. I think this is spreading..."giggles"

I added you to my blog roll and I did not intentionally forget but been adding bit by bit, my sincere apologies for being late =)

I wish you an easy pregnancy and hope the sickness will subside.

gaijin wife said...

We will definately find out if its a boy or a girl. With the monthly checkups in Japan and having a 4D (bragging a bit) ultrasound everytime I think it would be too hard to avoid the question. I would keep finding myself looking for 'bits'. The scan for the first checkup wasn't an ultrasound as such - it was an internal camera. yuk but so the process goes.