Friday, 21 March 2008

Transfer

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. It has been four days since my last blog. How do people manage to find the time to do this every day?

It's quarter to ten and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse - well, maybe a ferret or whatever it is rampaging in the roof. Next time I see our crap builder I am going to ask where he installed the ferret hole. I have a good mind to install a builder hole somewhere - calling all crap builders... come ye come ye and step into they crap builder hole.

Hub is out at drinkies - read as on the lash to come stumbling in thinking he is being exceptionally quiet but sounding like a ten ton elephant on speed. The tax season has finally finsihed and him and his office are out patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

Town office transfers were announced today. We were sure that hub would be getting transferred to the head office - which is now in the next town over. He has been doing people's taxes for seven years and usually people only stay in the same office for about four or five years. He mailed me just after the announcements were made. Opening my mail felt like opening the results of an exam you know you probably failed but which, if the god's were smiling, you might have passed by the teeth of your pants - something that actually hapened quite frequently in my last year of high school. May have direct relation to realising that I could quite easily get into the local using my sister's ID. Why study when you can chug back beers, dance to 'sweet caroline - ooh ooh ooh' all night and then finally leave the pub after tipping half a beer on the bouncers shoes.

Anyway, I digress. Hub did not get transferred. Yay, yay, yay. I take for granted the early home times. Half the week he can make it home by about twenty to six - in time for the whole kids bath and dinner routine. Working in the next town over would mean he would hardly get to see S and M before bed.

The tax office is a shite office to be in - although must admit that it does have its perks and I am getting seven hundred dollars in tax back this year thanks to lovely tax man husband. So thrilled (and dilluded) that I said he could have half of it for his efforts. I told him today that he could spend it on whatever he wants - which includes pachinko, a form of Japanese gambling that he used to frequent occasionaly but which I added to the every growing list of things thy shall not do if thy wants to marry me. But that if he wins big I get half.

Right, might cruise off to bed now. I will try and be more diligent in blogging this week. Now that I aren't translating core competencies and radical innovation blah blah I should have a bit more time in the evenings.

SDGH&QL

No comments: